• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 25 New Purchase

Albin's "power cruisers"
LopezMike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lopez Island, WA. USA San Juan Islands

Re: Albin 25 New Purchase

Post by LopezMike »

I've been getting great service out of my chinese heater. The only hassle I had was figuring out how to use the supplied controller. Terrible documentation and really poor design from the point of day to day use.

There is an aftermarket simple controller for a few bucks with just on and off buttons and a dial. Now I don't have to take a refresher course in Pigeon Norwegian every time I want to make a change in temperature.

A good tip is to let the fuel pump hang on its own hoses rather than mounting it to anything more solid. On low fire the heater is so quiet that the clicking of the new pump can be an irritant.

Link to simple controller:
https://www.amazon.com/AOZBZ-Parking-Co ... 224&sr=8-5

This aussie has a great series of YouTube posts about all aspects of these heaters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvwmU_C ... t6H1ZFSFks

Mike Colyar
Caprice
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Great links. Thanks, Mike.
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockland, Maine

Post by Dieselram94 »

Sookelarry wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:37 pm Update on Chinese Heater install. I purchased the professional sounding HappyBuy 8 KW Diesel Air Heater 12 volt. I used the old Espar location for install and mounted the heater on aluminum plate between the old brackets. It fits nicely in the location to right of helm and at about knee level if standing at helm. I lined it up so exhaust port lines up with exhaust elbow that goes through hull. For the stainless pipe that comes with heater it is 22mm inside diameter. So I purchased a 22mm new exhaust elbow that I will fit into hull and remove the old one. I used the old fuel line from my main tank to older heater. Cut out the older fuel filter and pump and used some new fuel line hook up to new fuel pump. I placed the fuel pump about 12 inch from new heater and ensured the pump was vertical as saw UTube video that pump is lubricated with diesel fuel and will create dry spot if pump is horizontal. I then hooked up wiring harness to main heater, fuel pump, control panel, and 12 volt power. I left fuel unhooked and into plastic container and turned machine on few times to bleed system. Not alot of fuel came out just few drops. So hooked up exhaust pipe to heater and temp placed out of older exhaust elbow to vent outside and hooked fuel line to heater. I powered up the system about three times before it started to get good fuel and the pump really started working at high volume. The heat coming out of heat end of heater is really hot and will easily heat my forward and aft cabin. So really pleased thus far but has only been running for 1/2 hour. I had on half power and lowest setting I could place on dial and heat was great. Need to tidy up wiring harness, place control switch in awkward position that requires you to get out of your bunk to adjust, and fit new exhaust elbow once arrives. Not sure power usage and fuel usage at this time. So hope this helps anyone thinking about the Chinese cheap as chips heater system. Larry

Any pics of your install?
Thanks
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

We have kinda hijacked this thread...no shaming intended here. This information is so valuable about these Chinese heaters that it really needs its own thread. I watched like two hours of the Aussie talking about these heaters under the shade of his veranda with his pet birds and could hardly turn it off last night. And I don't think I finished the series. Thank you for linking them, Larry. Priceless info. I highly recommend watching them, even if you think you have installed yours correctly.

I am abandoning my Eberspacher and ordering one of these babies today. I think it was CS Lewis who said sometimes the shortest way home is the longest way around.

Who wants to start the new thread?

Edit: Oops. I went back to find the OP and it is Sookelarry. Kinda hard to hijack one's own thread, though we have done much worse here at AOG. Larry, keep up the great work and keep posting ALL your improvements. I have a thread languishing about my radar install and hoping to avoid radar obstructions that are built into the boat. Maybe we can tag onto one of my heater threads.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Also Eberspacher Zarathustra! :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfe8tCcHnKY
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy