• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Frozen Margaritas Afloat?

Albin's "power cruisers"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Frozen Margaritas Afloat?

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Cinco De Mayo holiday (aka an excuse to party?) will soon be upon us. Eleven days hence to be exact, or 6 days out from the last weekend before Cinco. What to do when anchored out away from shore power, wishing you had a blender aboard that didn't need 110V A/C? Regular household blenders can draw 700 to 800 watts, so unless you have a genset or heavy duty 1000 to 2000 watt inverter you're stuck. On the rocks as it were, meaning you have to serve your Margaritas on the rocks. Oh, the humanity! There are a number of small cordless "personal" blenders on the market, some better (and costlier) than others, but you need one that's powerful enough puree crushed ice to snow cone consistency. After shopping around online & checking specs & reviews I bought this one, a Blendjet 2. Single speed on/off button, food grade plastic body, 16 oz/450 ml capacity, Li-Ion battery, that charges with an included USB-C phone charger cable. Picked one up from BestBuy, tested it by making a frozen Margarita & it crushes/blends ice to snow cone consistency. Overall dimensions are 9" tall X 3" diameter. Besides adult beverages this will be handy for making various types of non-alcoholic smoothies. That's when your boating/cruising experience truly becomes 'La Dolce Vita' !

I realize it's not exactly balmy in many parts of the country yet, but by next weekend when our Lake Pleasant Sailing Club does its annual Cinco De Mayo raft up (13 boat signed up so far) the expected high will be around 88 to 90 degrees with lows around 60 to 65 on Lake Pleasant on the outskirts of metro Phoenix area. This is the season finale for us until fall as far as local boating goes. After that 100s are just around the corner, and as you may know, unless equipped with and air conditioning Albin 25's are not really designed to handle hot weather very well. Certainly not when temps soar to above 110.
blendjet2.jpg
Note to WillieC, Greg & Amanda will be there for a 'reunion' with their "other" sailboat, a Canadian built Tanzer 22.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”