• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Replacing aft handrail on 27FC?

Albin's "power cruisers"
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Replacing aft handrail on 27FC?

Post by DCatSea »

It seems that the idiot who waked our marina (see You Tube video: https://youtu.be/5uUVbmerWPk) a few days ago did non-fatal but very annoying damage to Mazboot.

The port side aft handrail was slammed against the finger pier, causing a small but nasty crack in the deck at the stanchion and allowing ingress of a lot of water when the heavens opened up the other day. I discovered this when I went in to start completing the new headliner install.

I'm going to do a temporary fix for the rest of the season, then do a real fix when she's out of the water in the winter, once I can stand outside and work on the stanchion fittings (at least that's the plan).

Question:
Rail is bent and may need replacement if I can't get it straightened out. So, does anyone either:

A) Know how to straighten a handrail without using acetylene or damaging hands too much?
B) Have a spare port (or set of) handrail they're not using, within sensible mailing/shipping/ driving to get distance of Alexandria VA.
B) Know how to go about buying new after handrails for a veritable '84 Albin 27FC.

All suggestions will be most welcome.

Thanks to all at AOG.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”