• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

DAing up in NYS canal system. Found Flika!

Albin's "power cruisers"
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

DAing up in NYS canal system. Found Flika!

Post by tribologist »

Dropped Driftless in the water up in Macedon NY on Friday morning after a night of boat camping in their lot. Friday we made it to Palmyra and then we did a long run to Seneca Falls. Today we finished the ladt lock in NYS canal system and while doing that we saw Flika on the side of the canal. Im guessing the intent was ”Flicka”=“Girl”

Right now were heading out on Lake Seneca. https://trackme.nebo.global/?link=42440 ... QZ91E21K3Q
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Re: DAing up in NYS canal system. Found Flika!

Post by hetek »

I’m jealous! Enjoy!
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

Took us down to Watkins Glen yesterday. Heading back this afternoon. The Glenn was dried up :-(. We walked it before so not to much of a loss. Tonight we are stopping in Geneva I think. Mighty long lake!!

https://trackme.nebo.global/?link=42440 ... QZ91E21K3Q
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

From Seneca up to Baldwinsville, then to Minetto. Plan was to go to Oswego but we were late to minetto and did not want to keep the lock operator late so we stayed at the nice dock there. Nw we are heading back to Baldwinsville, then Lyons, Fairport and Macedon for sunday where trailer is
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

I put the full route in Navionics. 326 miles, 28 locks and 26 gal when done
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Post by hetek »

I got my first look at an Albin, a 27FC in Fairport many years ago. I didn't buy it.

Drove from Long Island, NY up there, looked at the boat for all of an hour and drove home. Bet I burned more than 26 gallons too!
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

]"Now we are heading back to Baldwinsville, then Lyons, Fairport and Macedon for Sunday where trailer is."
Ulf,

Glad to hear you're back on the canal again! Of course last year Baldwinsville was our last day stop before cutting over to Liverpool on Lake Onondaga for haul out. Except for weather there were some good memories. Still rave about our side trip to Corning Glass museum. Forever grateful to you and Elizabeth for offering to take us with you. Gosh, has it been a whole year since then already?
20210815_131714.jpg
20210815_062639.jpg
Not much going on here this summer. No "DA'ing" for us this time. Involved in other non-boating activities & waiting until cooler weather arrives in October.

Somewhat OT, but we have big plans for next spring. In March we are FLYING TO NEW ZEALAND! March equinox is the beginning of their fall, with the kind of weather we see here in December. Obviously can't trailer a boat there, but we fly into Queenstown on the South Island, rent a "campervan" as they call it (small compact motorhome based on a Toyota van chassis), spend a week driving on the left in a right hand drive vehicle :shock: , camping & exploring the lower part of South Island (aka Southern Alps), take a 3 hour tour boat ride in Milford Sound, then fly to Auckland, board a Holland America cruise ship for a 39 day 'repositioning cruise' with port stops along New Zealand's east coasts of North & South Islands, then to Hobart, Tasmania, Mebourne, & Sydney, Australia, before heading off across the Pacific by sea with stops in New Caledonia, Fiji, American Samoa, and Hawaii. And we'll cross the equator by sea! We'll be 'Shellbacks"! Last leg will be 6 days at sea on a passage to Vancouver, BC, Canada where we get off the ship & fly home on May 2nd. Then 1 month at home before we turn around, hitch up La Dolce Vita, and "DA" our way back up to Washington State and our favourite San Juans, Gulf Islands, and Sunshine Coast cruising grounds & buddy boat with our sailing friends for the rest of the summer who have their "new" sailboat based out of La Conner, WA.
Last edited by DesertAlbin736 on Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

PS, here was Flicka when we saw it and met the then-owner in Mid Lakes Marina in Macedon 7 years ago in 2015. I swear, where are the years going?
DSCN2419.JPG
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tribologist »

DesertAlbin736 wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:57 pm PS, here was Flicka when we saw it and met the then-owner in Mid Lakes Marina in Macedon 7 years ago in 2015. I swear, where are the years going?

DSCN2419.JPG
David that owned here have moved to SC but he was there visiting last week when we launched. The guy owning it now has a few canal boats he rent out and a small marina
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”