• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Nice A25 in Plymouth UK

Albin's "power cruisers"
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Nice A25 in Plymouth UK

Post by DCatSea »

Visiting fam in Plymouth UK (GUZ for the initiated) for Xmas and saw a very nice A25 in full sailing glory on a slip not 500 yards from the Mayflower Steps (from where the PIlgrims left for their new home all those years ago).

Her name is "Sea Gypsy" and she's in sweet condition.
A25 in PLymouth UK.jpg
Happy New Year to all. I'm currently in dock with two broken ribs and pneumonia but hope to be Bristol fashion very shortly, (modern drugs etc).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Nice A25 in Plymouth UK

Post by WillieC »

You should see the other guy?! Wow! Or were your injuries incurred cleaning your engine room? I usually draw blood but draw the line at breaking ribs.

Look at the huge flex duct visible behind the forward plexiglass. Is that some kind of floating grow operation?
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

Nothing quite as "boaty". Tripped over an Australian Shepherd (Gus) that was playing with my Boykin Spaniel (Daisy Mae). They were having such a good time.

Regarding the flex hose: Could be, it is Plimuff after all and the slip is right over the road from my favourite pub, which serves a fine pint direct from the wooden cask and is near an area that has been known to be a bit aromatic at times.
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

Has someone been up Union Street???
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

Union-strasse is alas a mere shell of its former self; no more matelots, just the usual chavs now and the MPs no longer keep the peace.

The pub in question is The Dolphin, known to many as GUZes finest real pub. Some great pix at: (https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_ ... gland.html).
Christmas Eve was typical; fires lit, friendly crowd, several dogs, noisy fun for all, and then Billy handed out copious amounts of free Port after hours.
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

Funny how its always The Dolphin - I suspect you frequented The Dolphin in Gosport when you were based down this way too?

Sadly it is now a housing estate. I was barred from the pub on my 18th birthday, only once the landlord had figured I'd been drinking there since I was 15!!
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

I was frequenter of "The Green Dragon" in Rowner. Pretty crappy pub but walkable to and from house. Gosport wasn't a big run for me - preferred Pompey. That said, the Greasy Spoon caf, just before you got to Hurricane Bridge was a favourite.
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”