• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 for sale

Albin's "power cruisers"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: A25 for sale

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Congrats on the quick sale! That's encouraging. Shows there is a healthy demand for Albin 25's. Sorry about posting the Yachtworld link. Should have asked first. Mea culpa. I didn't delete it but someone did, it's gone.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Culpa forgiven. As NoWorries Nick at Refuge Cove used to say...

No worries!

We saw the ad for the new boat three weeks ago. In that time we did everything associated with buying a boat through a broker ('ceptin' I did my own survey), had the bottom scrubbed and inspected by a very reputable diver, retrieved the new trailer from a mountain top retreat high above The Canal under the shade of Mt. Olympus, AND posted the WillieC, which sold to the first inquirer yesterday afternoon! Under less than stellar sea trials! She is in very capable hands now and we will miss her with much fondness.

Now to see if we can get the Behemoth onto her trailer.

We need a vacation.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

What a whirlwind! As someone reminded me recently, we can sleep when we're dead! lol
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

"we can sleep when we're dead!"

In January I got my second hip replaced. I had been in agony and not really realizing it, though the Starfleet Commander noticed my less than normal cheerful disposition. Went for follow up visit with the surgeon today and told him he and his crew had added years to my life to say nothing of my enjoyment of them. Chronic pain can be a killer.

All this to say, you are absolutely right, Nancy. One of our BC Albineer friends when talking about her 90 YO father shared his secret: Don't let the old man in.

We have been running mad the last little while and when I got home from the Doc today I collapsed in my chair and caught up on some sorely needed sleep. The weather has changed drastically, typical May on the Sound, so getting the Lois Anne on the trailer may take a few days. I may be tempting fate by hanging the Wide Load sign on the transom just beneath "Lois Anne". We never met, but I hope she has a sense of humor.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

WillieC wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:46 pm I may be tempting fate by hanging the Wide Load sign on the transom just beneath "Lois Anne". We never met, but I hope she has a sense of humor.
LOL!

Naps don't count. :D
My dad sailed, very often single-handed, until three weeks before he died at age 90. He's my role model!
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Bless you my son, thanks for forgiveness. Speaking of doctor visits, earlier this week my own Starfleet Commander had her second follow up visit with the ortho surgeon checking on healing progress on her January wrist fracture & February surgery with plate & screws attached to the distal radius bone. All is going well toward complete recovery, so we may be able to make the "DA" trip to PNW later this summer after all, perhaps in late June or into July. Yay! Busy trying to catch up with a few TLC boat projects before we go. Our boat being one of the oldest in the group & now 52 years old, there's always something to fix or maintain. The wiring to the stub mast steaming light coming out of the bracket on the roof finally bit the dust. Of course that cable run is buried deep in the f/g above the windshield, so I had to abandon that & run a new 3 wire jacketed boat cable from the distribution panel & up run along the edge of the roof opening to the mast light & under the dome light (bullet plugs to allow removal of the mast) & over to the port side red running light. Since my custom hard top is through bolted on 8 inch centers around the roof opening, I was able to use 3/8" plastic cable clamps to attach it to those bolts & nuts. Yet to do is replace raw water pump impeller, do some touch up stitching on the cockpit canvas enclosure, roll on a touchup coat of bottom paint, & replace two trailer tires.

This may be our last time & a one way trip for the boat, bringing along the mast rig & all the sails (but not setting up) & after this trip lay La Dolce Vita up for sale on consignment with a broker. That is unless a trustworthy one of our group expresses interest in purchasing La Dolce Vita direct along with the trailer, stern lift davit installation & Gig Harbor Nisqually 8 dinghy.

PS, Lois Anne wasn't the only used NT26 tug for sale up there. I saw a not quite as nice '81 model for sale in Anacortes with Perkins 4.108 engine (likely OEM) for $77K. Would be tempting except as with previous thoughts up "upgrading" to a tug/trawler, it's still 1,465 miles away from home & this one does not come with a trailer. Not that I'd want to "DA" something this heavy & oversize beam back and forth from AZ.

If you'll forgive me again, I'll put up a pic of that boat. Maybe when we're up there this summer will swing by & take a look at it if it hasn't sold already by then. But, it's not only about keeping a boat so far away from home which we could do as long as we could hire someone at the marina to keep an eye on it. After all our friends with the Alden 44 sailboat you met in Desolation do that, but it's also that we're close to aging out of boating altogether (Admiral is not that far away from turning 80) and for now we're OK with our trusty Albin. On the plus it comes with an assumable slip at Skyline Moorage in Anacortes ($$$!!?!), but on the minus side, no trailer, 40 years old engine, not all that crazy about Herculon pattern upholstery, & very little space for sleepover guests, and somewhat dated electronics. And no disrespect, but the V berth on an NT26 looks cramped and slightly claustrophobic & one person would have to crawl over the other to get up at night, worse than we already do with the forward settees filled in on the A25. One thing I like about Albin 25 is all the storage space in the aft cabin, even though it's a PITA to climb over in and out of the cockpit. Also with this particular boat, no bimini or shelter out on the stern cockpit. But on the other hand comes with a nice RIB dinghy on snap davits.

dragonfly.jpg
IMG_1615.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

Yes, we’ll have adjustments to make for sure, no small issue being the boat yoga to work on the engine. Doc said to do planks for core strengthening. It comes free on the NT26!

We have work to do and the earliest we’ll be on the water is after the Fourth. Wish us luck!
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Well let's keep ourselves posted with each other's plans. We may be somewhere up there by then. No promises, but we'll see. We miss you guys. Years are going by too fast!
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by WillieC »

Sold and now deep into the Nordic Tug and Yanmar.
I sure miss the WillieC but happy to report she is in very good hands.
Burton
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ellsworth, Maine

Post by Burton »

There is an A25 posted on FB now that looks very reasonably priced at $9,800.00, having a low hours Yanmar and listed as a nearly done project. However, it has no trailer and has gotten very little response so far. The trailer issue is a big one, for sure! The hassle and expense of getting a trailer under an A25 is no small consideration, and would be considerably worse for a 27. We got our A25 cheap—with a low hours Yanmar but boat with no trailer— then spent two years finding a decent aluminum trailer to fit, and then was the work of adapting the trailer. If we had to pay someone to do all that it would have been major dollars. The major advantage of the 25 is its trailer ability. I would not discourage anyone from buying an A25 without a trailer, but do your research! Most used trailers need considerable adapting. And, they will likely need new tires, perhaps axles, springs, brakes, winch, etc..,, it can add up big fast. The adapting is a groaner—getting proper keel and hull support, axle position for tongue weight, etc.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”