• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Found where those cool A25 OEM deck cleats come from!!

Albin's "power cruisers"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Found where those cool A25 OEM deck cleats come from!!

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I noted this in a reply to Nick's question about Albin deck cleats. You know, those unique ones that consist of a wooden dowel mounted on two chrome posts. I had been giving some thought lately to adding a pair of midships cleats to aid docking with spring lines. So I'm surfing around the internet looking for nice stainless steel Herreshoff cleats and ran across this site.

http://www.nauticexpo.com/prod/foresti- ... tem_328630

And whaddya know, up pops this picture!

They're still being made by Foresti & Suardi in Milan, Italy. Lord only knows how much they cost or how to buy one, but I've emailed an inquiry to them to try and find out. Their website is all in Italian.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Re: Found where those cool A25 OEM deck cleats come from!!

Post by NickScheuer »

EXCELLENT, Desert Albin!
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Update: Found where those cool A25 OEM deck cleats come from

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Getting closer to finding a supplier in the US. Got an email reply from Foresti & Suardi in Italy with a referal to a vender in DeLand FL. When I hear back from them by email will post the results.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

SCORE!! Info on vendor source for A25 OEM deck cleats!

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Just heard back from the U.S. source of Foresti & Suardi deck cleats, the kind found as original equipment on Albin 25s and perhaps other Albins as well.

For the benefit of interested Albin owners, the source is The Brass Works Inc, PO Box 566, DeLand, FL 32721-0566.

Their website is TheBrassWorksinc.com. Email and phone number are on the web page. The item is F & S 150B.L-MPCH. Price $51 each + shipping.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Tnyjoha
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Västerås, Sweden

Post by Tnyjoha »

DesertAlbin736 wrote:I noted this in a reply to Nick's question about Albin deck cleats. You know, those unique ones that consist of a wooden dowel mounted on two chrome posts. I had been giving some thought lately to adding a pair of midships cleats to aid docking with spring lines. So I'm surfing around the internet looking for nice stainless steel Herreshoff cleats and ran across this site.

http://www.nauticexpo.com/prod/foresti- ... tem_328630

And whaddya know, up pops this picture!

They're still being made by Foresti & Suardi in Milan, Italy. Lord only knows how much they cost or how to buy one, but I've emailed an inquiry to them to try and find out. Their website is all in Italian.
They are sold in Sweden by Hjertmans.se, search their webbsite for Korspollare. Two different, 25 and 35 mm, 340 SEK and 460 SEK. Mabye to expensive to ship, but a very good price here in sweden.
I painted mine 8 times with Le Tonkinoise, gives a very shiny, dark tone. Nice!
Sven_G
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Västervik, Sweden

Post by Sven_G »

Tnyjoha wrote:They are sold in Sweden by Hjertmans.se, search their webbsite for Korspollare.
Funny, I was going to post the link where I'd found them, but it was the same one :-)
-Sven

Gold Member
Home Port: Meridian Mississippi

Re: SCORE!! Info on vendor source for A25 OEM deck cleats!

Post by Thumper74 »

DesertAlbin736 wrote: Fri May 16, 2014 3:50 pm
For the benefit of interested Albin owners, the source is The Brass Works Inc, PO Box 566, DeLand, FL 32721-0566.

Their website is TheBrassWorksinc.com. Email and phone number are on the web page. The item is F & S 150B.L-MPCH. Price $51 each + shipping.
Golden nugget found.
“”Thumper”” Hull 2026
1975 albin 25 motorsailer
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Le Tonkinois!! The varnish for the french navy!!!

That on outside and Epifanes on inside!!!
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
markdbecker
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Higgins Lake, Michigan

Post by markdbecker »

Did you get them..... I contacted them and they are having a hard time finding them
Ticaboo
1970 Albin 25 series 2 #575
Yanmar 3GM30F
Residence: Jackson, Michigan
Homeport: Higgins Lake, Michigan & beyond

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”