• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Introducing Sigrid

Albin's "power cruisers"
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Introducing Sigrid

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Lol! I never get enough of repeat "Dinghy-Lost-At-Sea" stories and photos of "Our-Trip-to-the-Pacific-Northwest". Even if we are discussing Sigrid, engine rebuilds, or classic boat restoration.
OK, I can take a hint. I'll STFU now. No offense to you Sigrid, but I'll see you all in a year or two.... maybe.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Post by Jay Knoll »

DA

I think you missed the point. You are a very experienced boater and all of us can learn a lot from your adventures. Frankly I admire your perseverance in dragging your boat around the country. I enjoy reading the threads you start about your travels and boat improvements. But I think your enthusiasm results in you posting about those experiences when others haven't asked for that information. In this instance the request was for information about cruising in Florida not the Pacific NW or going across the pond. And frankly, my impression is that you've posted this information a lot of times in various threads.

And that is what I meant about the scroll wheel; based on past experience I assume that your posts are going to be a repeat of something I have already read so I don't even bother. I might be missing something but frankly it just seems to be a bit too much overload of the same thing repeated in a slightly different manner.

Perhaps you can summarize all that information in a "DesertAlbin Cruising Adventures Thread" and keep that current. Then, when you welcome someone to the forum and want them to know a bit more about your experiences you can insert a link in your post.

I don't think that you need to "STFU" (had to think about that a bit, didn't have enough coffee I guess) but I would hope that your posts could just be a little more focused on a specific thread's topic.

Jay
kerrye
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Denver

Post by kerrye »

I hope DA doesn't STFU.
2manyboats
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Florida-Maine and in-between

Post by 2manyboats »

John VB

Health, wealth, and weather permitting; we plan to bring our A25 to the keys for a week or more. Hope to cross paths somewhere

Wayne and Judy Clark
First Light
25 Albin FC
38 Beta
2manyboats
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Florida-Maine and in-between

Post by 2manyboats »

wealth and weather still okay but health has taken a dive. Looks like late spring at the earliest now.
First Light
25 Albin FC
38 Beta
markdbecker
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Higgins Lake, Michigan

Post by markdbecker »

DA. No need to STFU........ You have a wealth of Info and share it in a well written manner.... Used your info to mount Ticaboo's Quarter Boards. Step by step instructions. Never had to guess. :D
Ticaboo
1970 Albin 25 series 2 #575
Yanmar 3GM30F
Residence: Jackson, Michigan
Homeport: Higgins Lake, Michigan & beyond
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Thanks, I appreciate that. I do have a tendency sometimes to repeat myself about our previous travels a bit too often. You would too if you'd been blown away by the unmatched beauty of cruising British Columbia's Gulf Islands and Inside Passage as we were, not to mention meeting lots of friendly boaters. Highly recommend putting that area on one's bucket list one way of another, whether taking your own boat or bare boat chartering power or sail. Guarantee you won't be disappointed.

2manyboats, I'm sorry to hear that you're having to deal with health issues. Hope you get to feeling better soon & back on the water.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Perhaps you can summarize all that information in a "DesertAlbin Cruising Adventures Thread" and keep that current. Then, when you welcome someone to the forum and want them to know a bit more about your experiences you can insert a link in your post.
That's a good idea. I've already posted slide shows on YouTube for our 2014 & 2015 cruises that I can link to, although I haven't gotten around to doing one for 2016. Nothing real big planned for this year yet except maybe a short week long run out to Catalina Island from Marina Del Rey in Los Angeles in company with our sailing club folks. But even that is TBD.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Found Sigrid!!! I was looking at Nebo for a specific boat in Kingston and happen to locate Sigrid! The funny part was that the guy owning it came to look at Driftless before we bought it. I recognized the name. They are trailer looping it. They just finished FL to Albany, NY. Hope to catch up with them when they continue. Sigrid might be one of the finest A25’s in North America. I love to see how it held up. We are considering painting Driftless but its easy to make it look worse than before….
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Boy, blast from the past with the first page of the thread!
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

Steve, Sorry for dragging this un AOG post out of the dark. I did not read through them before I posted. I personally like the DA posts. There is enough variety in them and they are worth re-reading.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”