• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28TE Help search In Maine

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Treetops
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: West Bath, Maine

28TE Help search In Maine

Post by Treetops »

Hello Everyone,
I found this forum while starting our boat search last summer. We endured our first season on the Maine coast boatless. It was painful sitting on the 30 ft float staring at an empty mooring, but this gave us time to refine our mission here in West Bath. We are on a very protected westerly facing cove adjacent to the New Meadows river. The mission includes occasional overnights in Casco bay, fishng, scuba, wildlife photography, economy and above all seaworthiness. The majority of the time it is just the two of us. The 28TE makes the most sense to me. In my barely educated opinion, I could spend much more money for lots less boat. I have never owned a boat on the ocean in my adulthood, but have spent plenty of time on the water since my youth and have confidence (not too much) in my boat handling skills. 8 years in the USN provided me ample respect for the sea.
I have identified a potential purchase nearby at ECYS and will view it this weekend. Any advice or recommendations on local surveyors is greatly appreciated. I'm guessing the list price reflects the new Awlgrip. Listing attached.
Best Regards,
Eric B.
508-954-0376
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: 28TE Help search In Maine

Post by Nancy »

Welcome aboard, Eric!
On Yachtworld, that boat shows as "sale pending"...hopefully that's you. It's priced pretty typically for a newer 28TE, flush deck, Awlgrip...as long as it's been well-maintained.
I agree that a 28TE would be a good boat for you. Hope you've got this one locked in.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987

Return to “New Member Introductions”