• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member ... new adventure!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
real550A
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, Florida

New member ... new adventure!

Post by real550A »

Beginning my education in the world of live-aboard trawlers, with hopes of having my first one by next Fall. After much research, I've narrowed my preference down to an Albin 27FC, for my 3-4 month Winter home. I plan to cruise the ICW around Florida, and through Okeechobee to the Gulf. I'll be lurking and learning everything I can here! Mike
"FOOL'S GOLD"
1988 27FC #454
157hp Isuzu 6BD1
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Re: New member ... new adventure!

Post by nebulatech »

Welcome to the forum!

Good luck in your hunt for your A27! That sounds like nice cruising grounds you've picked out. Being trailerable, your boat can spend the other 8-9 months of the year out of the water and hopefully conveniently accessible for the inevitable maintenance and upgrades you'll want to do!

There are numerous threads regarding trailer configuration, in case the boat you find doesn't come with a trailer.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe
real550A
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by real550A »

Thanks for the welcome, this is going to be fun!
Glad to hear the A27 can be trailered, was wondering about that. That gives me many more storage options!
"FOOL'S GOLD"
1988 27FC #454
157hp Isuzu 6BD1
Bearkeley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Florida

Post by Bearkeley »

Welcome! We just moved our Mary Jo, a modified A27 to Ft Pierce from Virginia and plan to do the OWW to the Keys in January. Here’s a link to an old blog we wrote about our first trip down the ICW a couple of years ago that you might find useful. Enjoy! https://ourhappylife.wordpress.com/category/cruising/
Former owner of the ‘Mary Jo'
1984 Albin 27FC (#74)
Hutchinson Island, Florida
real550A
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by real550A »

Thanks for the welcome, maybe I'll see you and Mary Jo on the water. My plan is to dock at Stuart during the winter months.
"FOOL'S GOLD"
1988 27FC #454
157hp Isuzu 6BD1

Return to “New Member Introductions”