• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member, NY

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Acceptable
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Ossining, NY

New Member, NY

Post by Acceptable »

Hi everyone,

New to boats / new to Albins. I am close to buying a recent Albin 30 FC and want to find out all I can about 'em. I see AOG forums for the 25/27's, for the bigger/longer trawlers, but not for the 30FC. I'd be grateful for any & all pointers, tips etc.. experiences in various kinds of seas... things you like ... what I want to avoid or be careful about, etc. Thanks in advance, stay safe, stay warm!

Sam
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: New Member, NY

Post by Nancy »

Welcome aboard, Sam! The 28TE is the closest relative to the 30FC, so I suggest focusing on the Tournament Express 28-35 section. The 30FC is very similar to the 28TE - just a couple of feet longer and with the aft cabin.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
Acceptable
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Ossining, NY

Re: New Member, NY

Post by Acceptable »

Hi Nancy - I'm still learning my way around the forum software and didn't see your reply until ... today! :--) As it turns out I did not buy that 30FC, it seemed like a weekend boat and I'm more interested in extended cruising. Next week I'm inspecting a 34AC --great design (although not a lot of outside deck space). I don't see much activity in that section of the AOG Forums tho.. at any rate, thanks for the warm greeting, hope all's good with you!

Sam

Return to “New Member Introductions”