• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New guy here

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
JMBoone
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: RI

New guy here

Post by JMBoone »

Signed P&S and deposit sent yesterday, fly down south FL next week for inspection and sea trail, so hopefully all goes well and bring her home to southern NE ASAP! I am so looking forward to this season with many Cuttyhunk weekends where she belongs. I'll post some pics when I can-

Cheers one stoked dude!
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: New guy here

Post by Norseman »

Congrats and welcome aboard:
Which Albin are you buying?
(There is a dozen different Albins floating around, from 24’ to 40’+, center consoles, Sport Fishers, trawlers, etc.)
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
efishnsea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Staten Island NY

Post by efishnsea »

Best of Luck with the seatrial. Exciting times welcome aboard.
Bob 2001 28 TE box with 370 Cummins Alimarie3
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing those pics! Will your RI home port be on the Pawcatuck River or over by Newport? If the former the the Norwest Marine yard & marina on the CT side of the Pawcatuck downstream from Westerly is a good place. We met some folks who had a 28TE docked there when we were back there for a visit in 2015.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Wfmdfm
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wareham ma

Post by Wfmdfm »

Welcome and good luck. One year ago we were flying to Florida also to look, survey and purchase our Albin 28. Had it trailered to Standish Boat Yard in Tiverton RI. We moor in Wareham Ma but motored back to Tiverton for this winters storage. Good luck and enjoy!,
2000 28 TE Yanmar 300 6LP-STE
JMBoone
First Mate
First Mate

Post by JMBoone »

Thx everyone, flying down tomorrow to inspect, and sea trail, she's a 2002 28TE w/720hrs Yanmar not in the best of shape, lots of love needed.... but I'm a boatyard guy so anything's possible just need the right final price.

Wfmdfm, who trailered your up to RI? I'm going to need the same PuntaGorda FL to Onset MA hopefully!
JMBoone
First Mate
First Mate

Post by JMBoone »

Well here she is, now just get her north to my boatyard for some well deserved loving...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Congratulations on a super purchase. Love those dark green hulls, and the 28 TE carries it well. I'm sure she's in VG hands, so have a great many summers and scare lots of fish.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Tdelaney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mattapoiset

Post by Tdelaney »

Congrats on your new girl. We visit cuttyhunk frequently so hope to run into you.
Tom
Tom Delaney
1992 32 Sportfish
Agave Azul
Mattapoisett Ma
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Nice! Interesting that it was once home ported in Cape May, NJ. Or at least interesting to me as a NJ native originally from Barnegat, NJ. We have a friend who had this Alden 44 cutter/sloop transported across the country overland from Weems, VA on the lower Chesapeake to Anacortes, WA a few years ago. I can ask which mover he used & how well they handled the job. Am a bit familiar with where Onset, MA is. My late grandfather was an RCA radio engineer who ended his career in the late 1950s at the old Marion wireless station during the last days it was in operation.
alden44.jpg
The Alden was the same boat & crew we cruised with up in Desolation Sound BC in 2018.

DSCN4274 (1280x960).jpg
Update on boat transport: Spoke to our friend about the transport company they used. That company was Associated Boat Transport, a family owned & run operation, but they're out of Marysville, WA on Puget Sound north of Everett, WA and may not be suitable for your purposes unless they already have jobs going on up & down the east coast. However, their website may have some relevant info on what to look for, and for what it's worth maybe giving them a call just to pick their brains. Pay special attention to their boat prep recommendations. Good luck!

https://www.associatedboat.com/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Sclement11
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: East Greenwich RI

Post by Sclement11 »

Congratulations. Hope to see you in Narraganset Bay, Block, Cutty or Martha's Vineyard!
JMBoone
First Mate
First Mate

Post by JMBoone »

going in next week, come on nice Fall weather!!!
JMBoone
First Mate
First Mate

Post by JMBoone »

Ready for action!
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Congratulations .. looking good.

I do like the look of the cockpit roof extension. Could you post some more photos of it from above and below? thanks
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
JMBoone
First Mate
First Mate

Post by JMBoone »

All went well on our first weekend out to Cuttyhunk!

Return to “New Member Introductions”