• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Newbie juneau alaska

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
waybe2836
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Juneau Alaska

Newbie juneau alaska

Post by waybe2836 »

We purchased a slightly used Albin 25 this past September. While I am new to this form our boat is not. Previous Owners had christen her Leighway. My wife and I are eager to explore the inside passage here in Alaska. These water ways are not new to us as both of use were raised here in southeast alaska. I was raised in front of a 25 hp evinrude with 14 foot lund and a 21 foot bellboy.

There are a number of projects to look forward to.....hard top to replace canvass opening. Rains too much here. Will install composting toilet. Cutlass bearing replacement. replace front window (not looking forward too) Thinking about the current ice box situation...want to be able to head out for a week or two. Well that is enough to start with......

A big thank you to everyone who has shared their projects on line...hopefully I will do your experiences justice.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Newbie juneau alaska

Post by WillieC »

Leighway! Is that the one where the PO posted the construction and installation of his hardtop? No, that was Ms. Bettencort. Sorry. Leighway is a PNW boat. I have seen some pictures and posts about it. More research needed, which I am sure you have done. See:

viewtopic.php?t=9504

I think these folks miss their A25 from what I have read. but the years roll on.

Oh, and WELCOME waybe!

Not sure if there is such a thing as a slightly used A25, but OK! We are mildly contemplating an Alaska trip from Hood Canal in Washington. Next year I think.

Lots of info and some help here on AOG. Ponder that front window situation carefully. Unless it is cracked or missing.

Please pore over the A25 posts here and ask any questions. We are here for you. And we need pictures of your progress.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Newbie juneau alaska

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Congrats on your new-to-you purchase. Ditto what WillieC says. We've heard of Leighway & its former owner before. Here's a pic of Leighway in front of Chatterbox falls up Princess Louisa Inlet from some years ago (from my vast collection of A25 internet photos).
At Chatterbox 2.JPG
And another one of Leighway under way. We actually have two of those same type of inflatable Advanced Elements kayaks, a tandem like Leighway had slung over the roof, and single seat one we bring with us more often.
AlbinwithAdvancedElementsKayak.jpg
By coincidence we went up Princess Louise Inlet to Chatterbox Falls in 2016, buddy boating with our sailboater friends and got this picture of us in almost the exact position as the photo of Leighway. We had some trials and tribulations on that cruise, but in retrospect was one of our most memorable.
DSCF3610.JPG
We are looking forward to a possible return to the Pacific NW this year & reprise our 2018 cruise to Desolation Sound & perhaps even the Broughtons. I doubt we'll make it as far north as Alaska (we did a Princess line cruise there in 2007) unless we were able to trailer up to Haines on Chilikoot Inlet and launch from there, which I don't see happening. Even the Broughtons would be far reach for us.

Best of luck on your refurb projects & future adventures!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “New Member Introductions”