• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Another New One

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Seasmaster
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Cocoa FL

Another New One

Post by Seasmaster »

Greetings all,

After 20 years in the US Merchant Fleet, and 4 years in the Navy before that, I had come to the conclusion that I needed a boat. Guess all that time confirmed that I had saltwater in my veins. Anyhow an Elling E4 caught my eye, and after a 5 year marriage to it, I divorced it last year [2021]. Having had a year off , I'm feeling the pull of water again.

During the marriage, I had the opportunity to meet Norseman and had an introduction to his 28TE. Now, [and I don't mean to offend anybody], but having seen his boat, I found myself in conflict with one of the Ten Commandments - you know THAT one about coveting!! Yeah. . . I can tell there's a 28 in my life.

So here I am. Devouring all I can on this forum. . .
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: Another New One

Post by Norseman »

Welcome aboard John.
Wise choice to get an Albin 28TE, they are like a Swiss Army Knife on the water.
I love mine, single diesel makes it economical to operate and bow thruster makes you look good in windy conditions:)
There is this thread you should read: I started it shortly after I bought my Albin and I keep adding to it.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10612

And this one, about replacing the fridge..viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12277
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Seasmaster
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Cocoa FL

Re: Another New One

Post by Seasmaster »

Norseman wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:39 pm Welcome aboard John.
Wise choice to get an Albin 28TE, they are like a Swiss Army Knife on the water.
I love mine, single diesel makes it economical to operate and bow thruster makes you look good in windy conditions:)
There is this thread you should read: I started it shortly after I bought my Albin and I keep adding to it.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10612

And this one, about replacing the fridge..viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12277
Thanks. Busy reading. . .

Return to “New Member Introductions”