• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Greetings from a future Albin Owner

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
paulkuchay
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Glastonbury, CT

Greetings from a future Albin Owner

Post by paulkuchay »

Hello to all,

Obviously, my name is Paul and my life partner is Erika. I am an former Navy Submariner who has owned 4 boats to date. Two Sea Ray Sundance's, One 38 Sunseeker Martinique and one Grady White Marlin. Erika and I have decided that the Albin that works best for us is a 32 Command Bridge with the centerline queen berth. Once we find her we plan on keeping the boat on the CT River in the Glastonbury / Portland area. The 32 CB combines many of the attributes we hope to have. Hoping to find a suitable boat to purchase at the end of this boating season, the marina we are targeting has a limit of 32 feet. So, no +2 or 35's CB's.

We will use the boat locally for trips to Block, Montauk, Newport, MV and maybe a few trips up the Hudson and excursions to Maine.

When we are ready to retire and upgrade to a larger boat we intend to live on board for the first few years of retirement. We are targeting retirement in 2027 or 2028 and who knows, maybe an upgrade to a 45 CB and or something with more windows like an Ocean Alexander, etc etc. I have always liked Albin's since first walking aboard a new 1984 Trawler at an in water boat show in Portsmouth, NH almost 40 years ago.

Looking forward to contributing to the board!

Paul

Return to “New Member Introductions”