• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Possibly a new 43 owner

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
robby4570
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: New Orleans La USA

Possibly a new 43 owner

Post by robby4570 »

Hi, thanks for having us. We're prospective buyers right now. We're full time RV'ers looking to go afloat. I'm retired and the wife will retire in 4 to 5 years. We planned to be living aboard within 3 years (the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned, I've never had a boat this big, 24 feet was my biggest) and after my wife retires, to do "The Loop". We've seen a ton of the country from land on our land yacht, now we want a change. I'm a USAF Vet and my wife is a Navy brat but never served in uniform, working as a PICU Respiratory Therapist at a children's hospital.

The boat we're looking at is a 1981 Albin 43.

Sorry for being long winded, but we so hope to be an active part of this community someday.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Possibly a new 43 owner

Post by WillieC »

Welcome, robby4570.

Oh, we'll show you a thing or two about being long winded, never you worry. You've come to the right place.

24' to 43'. No point in fooling around! Hope you find what you are looking for.
GeorgeS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bristol, RI

Post by GeorgeS »

Get the boat now and stock up on fuel while it is still affordable. Perhaps start with buying the fuel and then buy the boat ? Isn't that how the Gov't does it ?
WraeHill
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Point Roberts WA

Post by WraeHill »

Hi Robby 4570

Hope you got yourself into a boat
I too am a retired Resp Therapist w/ PICU experience
We have a 1979 Albin 43 tricabin galley up w/ twin Lehman 120s. We are Canadians ( Kelowna is home ) and we are moored at Point Roberts WA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Sirena - 1979 Albin 43 tricabin trawler
GeorgeS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bristol, RI

Post by GeorgeS »

A Beautiful boat and gorgeous scenery out there in British Columbia. Thanks for the photos of a still perfect Canadian landscape with a well designed Albin. No one could not hope for more. Good luck with the about-to-be new boat.

Return to “New Member Introductions”