• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Me too!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Lobstah
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Castine, Maine

Me too!

Post by Lobstah »

But no, not THAT kind.

I'm searching for my Albin 27, and am looking at 2 this coming week. As with everything else in life, there's a long list of trade-offs.
My wife and I had a 1982 Marine Trader DC 34' during the 90s that we kept near Portsmouth, N.H. We became good boating friends with the owner of an Albin 43' Sundeck and we did a lot of boating together from Boston on up to Kennybunkport.
We sold our Marine Trader and took a break from boating. A few years ago we moved up here to the coast of Maine, between Bucksport and Castine.
We are both retired and really want to get back out on the water. While I'd love a 40' trawler parked down in Belfast, that's not quite practical for us at this point.
The Albin 27 checks a LOT of boxes for us, and I've been chasing this model on and off for the past year. Seemed like every time I found one and made an inquiry, it was already under contract. There are a few down south in Florida and Texas, but that's a bit too far away.

I've located a couple up in the Northeast so will be checking them out this coming week.

We'll see what happens. The board has already proven to be a valuable resource while doing research into various aspects of owning a 40-50yr old boat.

Glad to be here, and we hope we see you soon out on the water,

Lob
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Me too!

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard & good luck with your search. I have a cousin who lives nearby in Hampden. Her late mother, my paternal aunt, was in a nursing home in Bar Harbor until she was moved to a nursing home in Belfast a few months before she passed in 2020 at age 96. We visited there on an RV trip in 2017.

Back in 2018 my wife and I had given some serious thought to finding a Marine Trader or like Taiwan built 34 or 36 trawler, including looking at several that were for sale, to keep up in NW Washington as a summer semi-live aboard retreat so we could get away from trailering our A25 1,600 miles up from Phoenix & back to escape our brutal Arizona summers. But we gave up on that idea due to the cost of purchasing & keeping one up there so far away from home. What was your impression of the Marine Trader/CHB trawlers & what boxes does an A27 check compared to finding another Taiwan trawler? The accommodations on a CHB/Marine Trader/Universal trawler are arguably much better than an A27.
20170905_144035.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
JBrooks
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cedar Creek Marina, Old Hickory Lake, Mt. Juliet, TN

Post by JBrooks »

What about the Albin 30FC? It's newer than the 27. I have a 2004.
JB
Floridays
2004 Albin 30FC
Perkins M265TI
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

Lob, I can verify that the 27FC is a great vessel for an "older" couple. We've had ours for 10 years now and it's much easier to maintain than a traditional trawler, as well as being a great ride. You'll want to be sure you get one with a full enclosure, especially in your neck of the woods. I'd recommend one with a 4-banger versus a six cylinder diesel because it'll be a lot easier to get in there for maintenance. Albin made a lot of improvements in early "87, with a stiffer hull, bigger stringers and a lot more. Give me a PM on here and I'll send you my telephone number. I love to talk "27FC". I've made a lot of improvements to mine, none of which was a major project. Ben "87 27FC

Return to “New Member Introductions”