• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Owner Albin 57

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Jerfish
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Watkins Glen, NY USA

New Owner Albin 57

Post by Jerfish »

93DF0CFD-B410-4A71-9153-9DF3CDBD633E.jpeg
Hello all, stumbled upon this group!

Novice sailor, just bought a 1979 Albin 57 (hull 91) with trailer and a 5HP two stroke outboard, complete with old red plaid cushions. Plan to sail on lake Seneca in the fingerlakes region of New York out of Watkins Glen.

She hasn’t had much in the way of modifications from what I can see, Expert LED mast/nav lights (with switches under the floor in the cabin). Still has a manual bilge. Stairs into cabin missing, and no alcohol stove.

I’m working on figuring out the rigging and the like, and am looking into some spider crack repairs and maybe some other mods.

One thing I’ve seen online is a sort of canvas companionway cover. Was this an original feature or is there a place to order such a thing?

I have a lot to learn….
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “New Member Introductions”