• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New to us 1998 Albin 31 TE!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Sistership4some
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Everett, WA

New to us 1998 Albin 31 TE!

Post by Sistership4some »

P1350594.JPG
Hello fellow Albin enthusiasts. We are excited to link up with other Albineers!

We just purchased a 1998 Albin TE with a the single Cummins in Seattle, WA. We are experienced boaters who are upgrading from a smaller cabin fishing vessel. Our Albin has clearly been loved and cared for, however she does show her age. We look forward to learning some tips and tricks on Albin care and feeding in this forum.

Hopefully we will see some enthusiastic Albineers at the annual PNW Rendezvous!

Brendan and Angie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: New to us 1998 Albin 31 TE!

Post by REBMystic »

Sistership4some wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:10 pm P1350594.JPG

Hello fellow Albin enthusiasts. We are excited to link up with other Albineers!

We just purchased a 1998 Albin TE with a the single Cummins in Seattle, WA. We are experienced boaters who are upgrading from a smaller cabin fishing vessel. Our Albin has clearly been loved and cared for, however she does show her age. We look forward to learning some tips and tricks on Albin care and feeding in this forum.

Hopefully we will see some enthusiastic Albineers at the annual PNW Rendezvous!

Brendan and Angie
Hi Brendan & Angie. I'm out on the east coast and just got a 2001 31' TE. It's on the hard and I'm going thru learning stuff. Good luck with your new one. I look forward to exchanging info!

Rob
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"
Sistership4some
Swabby
Swabby

Rob,

Likewise. We have quite a list of things to go through. We have started shopping for replacement refers - the one down below was broken and the one up top was missing at purchase. Both slots seem to have plenty of room (although we need to relocate the heat duct below to get anything deeper than 14"). The AC controller went out day 1 - I found a couple of online merchants who carry the replacement....fingers crossed.

What is your set up between the pilothouse and cockpit? We have some lexan doors which we don't love. I'm curious what other folks have done...

Brendan
REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by REBMystic »

Sistership4some wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:45 pm Rob,

Likewise. We have quite a list of things to go through. We have started shopping for replacement refers - the one down below was broken and the one up top was missing at purchase. Both slots seem to have plenty of room (although we need to relocate the heat duct below to get anything deeper than 14"). The AC controller went out day 1 - I found a couple of online merchants who carry the replacement....fingers crossed.

What is your set up between the pilothouse and cockpit? We have some lexan doors which we don't love. I'm curious what other folks have done...

Brendan
Hi Brendan,

The doors - you mean the once from Pilot house to down below? For me those are white PVC.
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"
Sistership4some
Swabby
Swabby

The doors between the Pilothouse and the cockpit - I am realizing this is a west coast thing as we are often out in rainy cold weather up here in the PNW.
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

There was a hard enclosure available (Alaskan Bulkhead, something I think is the name) but most of the time it is canvas with isinglass windows.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

It's called an Alaskan Bulkhead because Tacoma Door and Sash was already taken.

Up here in the PNW we go to all kinds of efforts to extend our season. The original A25 looked like it was built for SoCal with a big opening above the helm covered only with canvas. The original brochures for a boat made in Sweden have pictures that look like they were taken along the south of France, dad in near Speedo and mom in bikini, kids all sun-browned.

Many of these old boats had custom extended hardtops added and full canvas sewn to enclose the entire cockpit, which also serves as a great shade for the six days in August the sun comes out. Being able to get out of the weather is a great thing.

There are a number of folks here who have discovered/devised temporarily expandable roof systems for the newer models like yours. They deploy to the stern and retract for serious fishing. Poke around here at AOG and ask plenty of questions. Lots of clever folk here.

Hope to see you around this summer!
REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by REBMystic »

Sistership4some wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:58 pm The doors between the Pilothouse and the cockpit - I am realizing this is a west coast thing as we are often out in rainy cold weather up here in the PNW.
We have these hard doors. I believe the previous owner had all the windows and doors removed and the frames re-painted.
2784870_f465fc06_3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"

Return to “New Member Introductions”