• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

87 Albin FC

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Pushstart48
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Spring valley boat club

87 Albin FC

Post by Pushstart48 »

Hello and I’m happy to have joined the group. I recently purchased an 1987 Albin 27 FC. It’s been in my family for quite some time up in Oshkosh Wisconsin in lake Winnebago . This upcoming season she will be crusing the Illinois river near starved rock with its new home port being Spring Valley boat club. I can’t wait to start navigating the rivers ! Thank you !!
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Re: 87 Albin FC

Post by tego »

Welcome! You'll love river cruising, and the 27FC is an ideal boat to do it in. I've had mine for about 10 years now and it doesn't get old if you have some interconnecting rivers to wander into. I cruised Lake Michigan for about 12 years back in '81 to '93 on my sailboats. It's a great area. My son keeps his Mainship 34 Pilot in Benton Harbor and I get up there maybe twice a year. '87 is a year of quite a few changes on the FC. What's your HIN? Mine is also an '87 with a lot of differences in construction compared to early '87 and the later ones ( at least after hull #302). PM me if you like, as I love to talk 27FC. Ben '87 27FC #302
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: 87 Albin FC

Post by DCatSea »

Congratulations on your 27FC. It's great for riverine work and given my druthers I'd take Mazboot to the UK and redo my youth and 20s on the Thames from Lechlade to London and beyond, weather permitting, into Europe. Alas - tempus fugit and I'm too damned old for that particular adventure now.
27FC is a super boat for river work. We moved from the Chesapeake Bay last year onto the Potomac (Alexandria) and had a lovely time just tooling around DC and environs, enjoying G&Ts on the dock, and sunsets. This year, we look forward to starting at the Seven Sisters and heading downstream for as long as it takes. We also have great seats for Washington DC 4th fireworks, and Alexandria's GW's birthday display the following week which shoots off about 400 yds from our slip. Daisy the Dog LOVED it last year.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03

Return to “New Member Introductions”