• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 25 - new owner , first boat!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
JimmyDev
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: None

Albin 25 - new owner , first boat!

Post by JimmyDev »

Hi everyone, I'm a new owner of an albin 25. This is also my first boat!
I'm located in the UK.
I've attached a few photos.
Currently been enjoying cruising on her after the last few days of unseasonably good weather.
She has been well looked after by the previous owner.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Ed422
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dundalk, MD

Re: Albin 25 - new owner , first boat!

Post by Ed422 »

Good looking boat. Congratulations!

Ed
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Welcome to AOG, Jimmy

That's a nice-looking Albin; love the blue hull. Obviously, the PO applied plenty of TLC, and I really like your gray non-slip. It gives me ideas for Mazboot. (She's in sore need of new ns; just a few more things to do first.)
Where are you based in UK? I think you'll be surprised at how many Brits there are on the forum (me included). Spread the word over there, maybe there can be a UK Chapter.

BTW - Please pin yourself to the map. It's great to see where people are.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Welcome, JimmyDev. Nice looking boat and now you get to learn all about it.

Tell us about it, what you know of its history, what engine, and always more pictures!
I have used ASAP for plenty of parts and pieces for the VolvoPenta engine and of course Stefan at Albinmotors is a great resource as well. Congratulations!
JimmyDev
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: None

Post by JimmyDev »

Hi, Thanks for the welcome - in honesty i've not been on the forums and forgot i made this post. Oops!

@DCatSea -
Yes, i'm still deciding myself if i should keep the gray or to paint it all white.
I'm based in Bedfordshire in the UK. How about yourself? It would be great to ge to know some Albin owners who are in the UK.

@WillieC

So the boat is registered as 1972. Model number, interestingly is - 123.
The engine is a 20HP Perkins Diesel. I've had her up to 9-10MPH which i understand is about the top speed the boat was designed for ?

I have a detailed service history containing various documents related to the boat, it is quite interesting to see it's journey over the last 50 years!

Here are a few more photos.
20220926_125029.jpg
20220926_125928.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

9-10mph? Better install headrests to prevent whiplash.

That sounds pretty good. You'll enjoy six or seven much better.

I have been looking at a bunch of Perkins engines. There is a LOT of info out there. Pay particular attention to how the exhaust manifold is cooled. Maybe your entire engine is raw water cooled. I hope not. If FWC, learn quickly how to maintain whatever heat exchangers your engine has. Same with exhaust manifold and elbow. They are not cheap to replace. Fortunately you are close to the source for parts.

Return to “New Member Introductions”