• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Owner of 2005 Albin 28TE Flush Deck

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Trisailor382
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fairhaven, MA

New Owner of 2005 Albin 28TE Flush Deck

Post by Trisailor382 »

My wife and I just became the new owners of a beautifully cared for and well appointed Flush Deck called Wayfarer.
We are cruisers transitioning from a sailing trimaran to our first power boat. Our hailing port is Fairhaven, MA and we cruise Buzzards Bay and all points in the NE.
We cruise with our Portuguese Water Dog most of the time. We love to meet like minded people and hope you'll stop by and introduce yourselves if you see us anchored. We plan to join the rendezvous when we can and look forward to getting to know some of you fine people here!
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: New Owner of 2005 Albin 28TE Flush Deck

Post by Nancy »

Welcome aboard, Trisailor! Forum names are hard to let go of, aren't they! :)
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
Capt Brad
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mattapoisett Ma

Post by Capt Brad »

Hi Trisailor,
I think you will find the 28 a great boat for Buzzards bay. We have a 2006 flush deck in Mattapoisett. We don’t cruise or stay overnight.....just say trip. After retiring as a unlimited master mariner going to sea for 32 years, just don’t have a desire to stay aboard. There are quite a few 28’s around the area . Where are you moored. Sometimes we just slow cruise over to West Island and have lunch at Off the Hook. Plenty of floats and dog friendly!

Brad Smith USMM (retired)
Capt Brad
Trisailor382
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fairhaven, MA

Post by Trisailor382 »

Capt Brad wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:31 am Hi Trisailor,
I think you will find the 28 a great boat for Buzzards bay. We have a 2006 flush deck in Mattapoisett. We don’t cruise or stay overnight.....just say trip. After retiring as a unlimited master mariner going to sea for 32 years, just don’t have a desire to stay aboard. There are quite a few 28’s around the area . Where are you moored. Sometimes we just slow cruise over to West Island and have lunch at Off the Hook. Plenty of floats and dog friendly!

Brad Smith USMM (retired)
Good Day Brad,
We have a slip in West Island marina. We love the area and have sailed extensively on our recently sold Corsair Trimaran. We love to do extended cruises with our Portuguese Water Dog, staying overnight on the hook in every gunk hole we can find.
I certainly understand your stance of not staying aboard after your many years of Mariner service. We just enjoy being on the water and meeting like minded people. This is our first power vessel and we hope to learn enough about all the systems so that we are confident enough to get a larger vessel and do the great loop in the not too distant future.

We will be on the look out for you on the water this season and hope to meet you soon. Thank you for your warm welcome.

Best Regards,

Christopher Morris
2005 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck W/Yanmar 315
"Wayfarer"
2011 Windrider 17 Trimaran
Former:
1993 Corsair F-27 Trimaran

Return to “New Member Introductions”