• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 Tow vehicle

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
graTis
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Potomac River

A25 Tow vehicle

Post by graTis »

Hello all,
I have just purchased a 1971 A25 on a trailer. My plan is to pull the boat to the Ohio river from Texas
and begin a cruise there. I have some concern that my F150 XLT 4x4 with tow package and airbags will not be up to the task. Has anyone used a 1/2 ton to tow an A25 long distances?
dkirsop
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pender Island, BC, Canada

Re: A25 Tow vehicle

Post by dkirsop »

Does the trailer have brakes? If so, then you will probably be o.k. My tow vehicle is a VW Touareg rated at 7,000lbs and my trailer is equipped with electric over hydraulic disc brakes. I am pretty sure the F150 will be comparable in terms of tow rating. My boat is a 1971 A25 too, and I estimate the gross towing weight of the complete rig including all the stuff in the boat to be about 6,000 lbs.
Hull No. 1013, 1971

Return to “New Member Introductions”