• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rendezvous Details and Roll Call

Rendezvous Coordinator - Richard
Co-Coordinator - Butch
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rendezvous Details and Roll Call

Post by Richard »

The rendezvous will be held Friday June 26 through Sunday June 28 at Herrington Harbour South. Known as the Caribbean on the Chesapeake Bay, Herrington Harbour South is recognized as one of the nation’s premier marina resorts and is located near North Beach and Chesapeake Beach in a rural area of the mid-bay on the Western Shore. See http://www.herringtonharbour.com/transient/ for more details, rates and a list of all the on-site amenities.

Plan to arrive on Friday to attend an evening cocktail party hosted by the coordinators (Butch and Mary/Richard and Phyllis) and get the latest info on diesel fuel from our resident expert, Butch. Saturday evening we will have a pot-luck cookout in the picnic area and Sunday morning is reserved for coffee and discussing a possible second 2009 Chesapeake event. A more detailed agenda will follow later.

Herrington Harbor South transient slips fill up fast so call to reserve your spot as soon as possible. The number is
1-800-213-9438 x120. Ask for Jill or Megan and tell them you are with the Albin Owners Group.

Also, so we can get an approximate boat count, please reply to this message if you plan to attend.
Richard
Albin Owner Emeritus
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Rendezvous Details and Roll Call

Post by jcollins »

John and Sharon Collins - Afterglow
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

When you make your reservation (and try to do that soon) ask to be located in the transient area on B-dock. The other transient area is a dock located along side the entrance channel which might be a little bumpy due to the boat traffic coming in and out of the marina.

If we only have 8-10 boats we should be able to get them all together in the B-Dock area.
Richard
Albin Owner Emeritus
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Post by Butch »

I will be at the dock w/ a libation talking about this crazy oil industry. For example today companies w/ Tarp money are now storing oil on vessels...How do they make money? who are they? What does that have to do w/ fuel for my Boat ?Do we all have the same diesel fuel in the boats? What is going w/ the future diesel and gasoline specs in my tank? Could we have $1.00 fuel after last years 4.00? Etc Etc . See everybody in June.
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Posted for Allan and Barb - Barbara L

John, Barbara and I have registered the BARBARA L at Herrington Harbor for the rendezvous and are looking forward to attending. In October, I ran the boat to Ft Myers Beach, FL and we are here now enjoying the boat in the warm weather. Before we left, I had the hull Awlgriped at Hinckly in Oxford, MD. They were looking for work and gave me a great disount and did a beautiful job. I also striped out the entire Albin head system an installed a Vacuflush head including a new 20 holding tank. This improvement made the boat much more liveable.

We plan to attend the FL rendezvous at Burnt Store Marina in March and hope to see Linda and Carl Dahmen on the GREAT GATSBY.

Regards, Allan Finlayson
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

I spoke with Jill at Herrington Harbour yesterday when I made my reservation. Very nice person. She is holding 15 slips for us on B dock. She pretty much guarentees keeping us together if we make reservations now.

Call soon. :D
John
Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by Mike »

We are in. For those who have not been to Herrington Harbour, it is one of our favorite marinas. They have a great picnic area, a huge pool with its own bar, nice shower facilities, and a restaurant, and oh yeah, ANOTHER bar. They get pretty busy so if you are planning to attend (and with Butch and Richard hosting it is sure to be a great time) make your reservations soon.The more, the merrier!!

Allen and Barb - Please say "hey" to Linda and Carl for us!

Beth and Mike
Timeout
Time Out Annapolis
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Called and made reservations today. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Butch, have you figured out how we are going to get that fuel from one of those storage tankers of yours into our boats??
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

Carl, I am pretty sure Butch is ignoring you :lol:
Richard
Albin Owner Emeritus
Butch
In Memorium

Post by Butch »

Carl ...I will bring an extra Barge of Diesel fuel for your new generator/ inverter, I dont expect you will be plugging in...Glad you guys are on board!!
Bob Enzor
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bob Enzor »

Bob & Doreen Enzor will be arriving at Herrington Harbor Friday afternoon aboard Miss Doreen - our "88-'08 27FC.
We look forward to meeting everyone attending.
Bob Voyage!
Bob Enzor
Near St. Michaels, MD.
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

Great, look forward to meeting you. This will be the first time we have had a 27FC at one of our events. Will be interested in seeing the layout.
Richard
Albin Owner Emeritus
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Bob Enzor wrote:Bob & Doreen Enzor will be arriving at Herrington Harbor Friday afternoon aboard Miss Doreen - our "88-'08 27FC.
We look forward to meeting everyone attending.
Bob Voyage!
Bob Enzor
Near St. Michaels, MD.
Bob,
That's great. My first "live" tour of a 27!
Can you spread the word to the Yahoo group? It would be great to meet some of those guys as well as yourself.
John
Butch
In Memorium

Post by Butch »

Bob and Doreen glad you can make it....Mary and I will be leaving town for a couple of weeks, and when we get back hopefully another 11 Albins will have signed up for Herrington.There sure seems to be a number of boats in the Annapolis area. Well guess I have to crank up the Mary B and get her over to St Michael's for some polishing, cleaning and painting, thinking about changing the name to "No Pinstrip"
Butch
In Memorium

Post by Butch »

I am particularly interested in John's color of diesel fuel when he took a sample and it was yellow. We will be certainly talking about the color of diesel fuels, cetane,grass clipping additives etc etc. now all I got to do is make sure I don't have yellow diesel fuel so that Mary and I can get to Herrington Harbor. Weather permitting we may leave Thursday from the eastern shore because we need to get back Early Sunday AM. We are looking forward to the Rendezvous. Cheers!!

Return to “Third Annual Chesapeake AOG Rendezvous 2009”