• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

NEED TRANSPORTER FOR ALBIN 28

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: NEED TRANSPORTER FOR ALBIN 28

Post by DCatSea »

Three years ago we used Flagship Specialized Shippers to run our 27FC up from SC to MD. This was the first time I had used a shipper and I was very impressed with their communication, and also by the fact that they used a Peterbilt with a big ol' flatbed trailer. The driver, who traveled with his wife and Jack Russell terrier, was very competent, and did a first rate job of lashing Mazboot down on the bed pf the trailer. The trip ws without incident and unloading via Travel-lift was efficient and quickly done. All members of the team were pleasant and good to work with.

They don't have a website, but do have a FB page: https://www.facebook.com/boattransportpros/ which shows a pretty busy shipper with folks who seem to enjoy it - the dogs also look pretty happy.

I believe the golden rule of shipping is: Bigger Trailers are Better.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
CaptRonV
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chicago Il

Post by CaptRonV »

John Watson in Florida. He transports most of the Hinckleys. Transported my 28TE from Savannah to Chicago in Setember.
Captain Ron Voisard
Chicago.Il.
Absolutely
2002 28TE
Terrisflux
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Port of Beaumont

Post by Terrisflux »

Boat Transportation Topic is one topic that you can expect on every boat forum. I recently Transport my boat across minnesota so willing to share some recommendation with you guys:

As soon as you arrive at the boat ramp, walk back to the trailer hubs and check that they're cool to the touch. If they’re hot, your bearings aren’t functioning properly and need to be serviced immediately.

Hope it also help others with similar Query.
real550A
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, Florida

Post by real550A »

thumbnail_IMG_20210317_095851.jpg
Outstanding service!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
"FOOL'S GOLD"
1988 27FC #454
157hp Isuzu 6BD1

Return to “General Discussion”