• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Grenville Point, WA - Anchorage in Bay?

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Mntry_Goodson
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Monterey, CA

Grenville Point, WA - Anchorage in Bay?

Post by Mntry_Goodson »

I'm working on my float plan to come up the Washington State coast this Summer on my way to the San Juan Islands. There is a natural bay behind Grenville Point that looks like a good overnight anchorage for my Albin 28. Have any members anchored there?
Darryl
"Terry Lee II"
1999 28TE 6LP
Engine box / Trailer
Monterey, CA
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Grenville Point, WA - Anchorage in Bay?

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

I only know the San Juans from trailering to Bellingham & Blaine. I would think that bay would give some shelter from prevailing N, W, & NW winds, but other than that guess you'd have to check the charts for depths. Straight of Juan De Fuca can get hairy sometimes, but you've got a fast boat so that should help.

Speaking of Monterey, brings back memories of when I did fun races there with my Montgomery 15 in 2002 & '03 with the Potter Yachter folks' "Cruiser Challenge" event sponsored by Small Craft Advisor Magazine. Took 3rd place both those years in the small boat 16 ft & under fleet. This photo of me & my boat was taken off Monterey. Great place for sailing.
IMG_0805.JPG
This was the award ceremony at the Monterey Yacht Club by the pier. That was me standing 2nd from right. That little greasy spoon cafe on the pier by the yacht club (not the other tourist wharf with all the restaurants) served the best breakfasts.
dscf0054.med.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “General Discussion”