• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

FUELING THE BOAT

gmberkley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fairhaven, MA

Re: FUELING THE BOAT

Post by gmberkley »

I did shorten and therefore raised the one portside vent line that was lying on the bottom of the boat, I will be fueling it up within the next week, I'm going to turn the nozzle, fill it slow, and hope for the best, not necessarily in that order.
Gregg M. Berkley 25 Ton Master USCG
2005 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck
Fairhaven, MA
gmberkley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gmberkley »

udate, shortened the port side vent line, got of off of the bottom of the boat with the wraps in it, took about 4 feet of hose off of the length, now its above the tank and direct shot to the vent, fueled it up Sunday, burped a few times, went slow near the end, turned the nozzle the backwards, and filled the tank, another issue solved.

thanks to all who responded, and special thanks to Kevin, (PITOU), a wealth of knowledge and patience...........appreciate the help.
Fairhaven, MA
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

gmberkley wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:26 am udate, shortened the port side vent line, got of off of the bottom of the boat with the wraps in it, took about 4 feet of hose off of the length, now its above the tank and direct shot to the vent, fueled it up Sunday, burped a few times, went slow near the end, turned the nozzle the backwards, and filled the tank, another issue solved.

thanks to all who responded, and special thanks to Kevin, (PITOU), a wealth of knowledge and patience...........appreciate the help.

I'm glad that your efforts proofed a solution and you're most welcome. This is what AOG is all about!
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Albin28McKinney
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Tarpon Springs, Florida

Post by Albin28McKinney »

update on what I did. I shortened both of my vent hoses then put short pieces of pressure treated 1" X 2"
and 2" X 2" boards under the vent hoses with zip ties so there were no dips and I can now fill full speed on commercial fuel fill hose with no foaming. Filled right up with no foaming until the overflow started to spit.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Excellent news! Thanks for the update.
gmberkley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gmberkley »

I'm still have issues, but nothing like I was initially, can't quite fill it but again, much better than before. I am wondering if I can put in larger diameter vent lines and vent caps? may not be worth the time or expense
Fairhaven, MA
Ben423
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Two Harbors

Post by Ben423 »

The first thing would be to inspect and clear the vent line. It's of adequate size, but it's not uncommon for it to get clogged.
gmberkley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gmberkley »

I'll put that on the winter to do list, it must be clogged, when I shortened the port side vent line a fair amount of water came out of it, I'll check them both, thanks
Fairhaven, MA
Wfmdfm
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Wareham ma

Post by Wfmdfm »

Albin28McKinney wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:09 pm update on what I did. I shortened both of my vent hoses then put short pieces of pressure treated 1" X 2"
and 2" X 2" boards under the vent hoses with zip ties so there were no dips and I can now fill full speed on commercial fuel fill hose with no foaming. Filled right up with no foaming until the overflow started to spit.
I did the same thing with PT blocks and zip ties. Shortened both hoses and no more issues.
2000 28 TE Yanmar 300 6LP-STE

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”