• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Tracking Down a 40 Custom

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

GeronimoIII
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Savannah GA

Tracking Down a 40 Custom

Post by GeronimoIII »

Greetings.

I should introduce myself first. My name is Joe. I currently work aboard yachts in the First officer/Engineer capacity. I have family history with Albin Yachts and it is the reason that brings me here today.

I figure this platform may be the the most strategic way along with my last hope in looking for a particular Albin. The vessel in question is a custom 1987 Albin 40 Double cabin. This is a particular Albin 40 as his was designed in 1987 at the New York Boat Show for a family member of mine.

The most notable option was that the flybridge to my knowledge were not enclosed in the aft area with fiberglass bulwarks until this vessel. There were also 2 separate windows on the house above the master instead of the typical window and porthole like most.

The vessel was equip with twin 210 Cummins, and most likely has documentation to major engine overhauls sometime in the 1999-2000 area as one the the engines had caught fire.

The vessel spent from 1987-2001 in Long island waters with a hailing port from western CT shoreline.

The Hull color was Dark Blue (potentially the very common Flag Blue) with a red and white boot top.

There was a repair (brazed) to one of the shaft struts.

I believe there was also the typical damage teak interior damage due to leaking window frames and deck margin boards.

The original name of the vessel was Geronimo 3.

I understand that this is a far shot but I would simply like to know what happened to her after she was sold 20 years ago. I think when it sold it went to either Maine or New Hampshire.

Thank you for your time. I greatly appreciate it.
My Email is Joe.Ziebell@gmail.com for any information

Return to “General Discussion”