• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

potential upgrade to the Peninsular cooling system

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

rlsheely
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Santa Cruz, CA

potential upgrade to the Peninsular cooling system

Post by rlsheely »

I discovered some things while rebuilding my seawater pump that I thought I would share with Peninsular owners. It is simply food for thought. I've copied it directly from my internal notes stuff so it's a bit rough and unedited:

Seawater impeller: Johnson 10-24349-01, F7B-9, Impeller kit: 09-1028B. Note: this pump has 1” ports which reduce flow. Ideally ports would be 1 ¼” to accommodate hose size. System is 1 1/2" (intake) x 1 1/4" (output) Johnson makes a pump 10-24398-01 that does have 1 ¼” ports and would mount to existing flange but the barbed fittings are soldered into the ports. Thus, you would have to remove the intake fitting and solder in 1 ¼” x 1 ½” to properly fit the intake hose. This would ultimately give you a less restrictive system and perhaps better cooling. Although, this pump is a F7B-9 class pump like the existing one and has the same flow characteristics per Johnson’s flow chart. Ultimately, if the swap were made you might not notice better cooling which is the ultimate goal. You will certainly end up with a less restrictive seawater cooling system. Prices are the same for either pump. Note: I had to document this as this is the thing my brain gets wrapped up in. How I wish I could ignore these kind of thoughts and just accept things for as they are.

Return to “General Discussion”