• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Mechanical survey results

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

MaasGuy
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Anacortes

Mechanical survey results

Post by MaasGuy »

Hello All.....looking for a little advice.

1999 36' Express Trawler w/twin Cummins 270's

We had a sea trial and mechanical survey completed yesterday along with oil samples analyzed. Oil samples look good....no complaints there. (I paid extra to have the survey expedited) What I need advice on is how picky should a person be on these surveys? The only thing that I see that will need to be fixed before we take possession would be that 2 injectors on the starboard engine are leaking a little fuel. In my opinion this will have to be repaired before we close.

But, how about other stuff? Like lightly corroded clamps, or end caps on heat exchangers. Some of the hoses are starting to show a little age. How picky should I get before we close? Or, should I offer a little less $ and get the boat and proceed with the minor repairs myself? It is a 23 year old boat so I know that it will need a few things which I don't mind doing.

Thanks for your help!
Guy

1999 36' Albin Express Trawler Hull #0
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Mechanical survey results

Post by RobS »

There’s no right or wrong answer here… it’s about whatever makes “sense” and “cents” between the buyer and seller to get the deal done.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “General Discussion”