• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Electric flush

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Thumper74
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Meridian Mississippi

Electric flush

Post by Thumper74 »

The head is electric flush. Should I keep it or replace it with something else??? Pros and cons of any other choice?
“”Thumper”” Hull 2026
1975 albin 25 motorsailer
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Electric flush

Post by WillieC »

We had a regular Jabsco marine toilet with manual pump and levers and prolapsed joker valve assembly that was so non-intuitive to work that our lower GI tract quit working the first few days of each new season out.

We removed that beauty and installed a Dometic five gallon porta-potty with the MSD fittings so you can pump it out. I was going to remove the 13 or so gallon holding tank that was under the starboard vee but figured why not connect the MSD fitting to an electric non-macerating whale toilet pump and empty it into the existing tank? We can transfer three full portapotty’s worth into the holding tank before we start getting nervous.

We like this setup since it greatly extends our capacity since it uses so little water, compared to the old Jabsco. This arrangement works great for us.
Thumper74
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Meridian Mississippi

Re: Electric flush

Post by Thumper74 »

WillieC wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:08 am We had a regular Jabsco marine toilet with manual pump and levers and prolapsed joker valve assembly that was so non-intuitive to work that our lower GI tract quit working the first few days of each new season out.

We removed that beauty and installed a Dometic five gallon porta-potty with the MSD fittings so you can pump it out. I was going to remove the 13 or so gallon holding tank that was under the starboard vee but figured why not connect the MSD fitting to an electric non-macerating whale toilet pump and empty it into the existing tank? We can transfer three full portapotty’s worth into the holding tank before we start getting nervous.

We like this setup since it greatly extends our capacity since it uses so little water, compared to the old Jabsco. This arrangement works great for us.
The holding tank is being elusive. I have not yet found it. It seems to be removed. On the electric head, there is a small looking tank directly under the head. And a whole other contraption separate with a few hoses attached and some electrical. Although there is a Y fitting. One side goes up to the pump out on deck. One side goes to a thru hull. One side is connected to the head. Haven’t gave much of a look over on the whole “”head department “” yet.
“”Thumper”” Hull 2026
1975 albin 25 motorsailer

Return to “General Discussion”