• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin Owner's Manuals

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Albin Owner's Manuals

Post by johnmurray »

This is one for Andrew Page, but should be of interest to other Albineers.
Some time ago you advised that an Albin owner's manual was nearing completion. Could you advise where this project is at, and also on what basis existing Albin owners might be able to obtain a copy?
Your good work is most appreciated!
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Albin Owner's Manuals

Post by jcollins »

johnmurray wrote:This is one for Andrew Page, but should be of interest to other Albineers.
Some time ago you advised that an Albin owner's manual was nearing completion. Could you advise where this project is at, and also on what basis existing Albin owners might be able to obtain a copy?
Your good work is most appreciated!
Andrew was going to provide members with downloadable PDF files. I think he is still working on them.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
SwampsEdge

Post by SwampsEdge »

That would be a God send to have something like that.

Did any of you get manuals with locations of all the thru hulls, the pumps, the filter locations, sizes and etc. I just bought my 32+2 (used) and am currently crawling all thru the bilges making notes on where things are. It sure would be nice to have that in drawing form.
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

There's a rumor floating around that we are not too far away from the manuals.
John
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

I've been watching this thread and others regarding manuals. When I took delivery of my '02 I received 21 pages of Albin drawings that are fairly thorough and must be available. The drawing dates are mostly dated 1999 and a few in 2000 the profile drawings are 1998. I have seen some pages on this site, I believe posted from John and others. I'm not sure how to post and make them readable. With a little help :oops: I would be ready to try or mail a copy to someone who knows how.

I have have found these drawings most helpful to learn my boat and trouble shoot when necessary.
The drawings include :
Engine & Drive Train Detail, Fuel System Detail (includes filter recomendations), 12 volt DC , 110 AC detail, bonding detail, battery layout & charging detail, hot & cold water system, Optional Overboard discharge for head, w/out O B Discharge, graywater system, Seacock detail, Thru hull locations & detail, Elec. Bilge & Manual Bilge, Air Conditioner System Detail, Hull & Deck Joint, Steering detail, Bowthruster installation detail, underwater profile, & a Cummins Shematic Wiring / Electrical diagram
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

If you can scan and send me the file I will post to the board. Or, you can mail me a copy. I'll send my address via email.

Thanks!
Last edited by jcollins on Sat May 26, 2007 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
John
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Thanks to John. Copied and will go out in the morning mail.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
apage

re: manuals

Post by apage »

Hi All:

A few months back I spent considerable time editing the first version of the manual in my free time. Last week I asked about them. With any luck, I will get the marked up copy back, make the changes and print it out.

I will try (operative word) to get something to BI. and eventually up to the the board. Bear in mind, this is only for the 28 TE. The others are going to be built around that.

Stay tuned and I appreciate your patience in this matter.

Thanks,

Andrew @ Albin
bluechip7676
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: West Falmouth, Cape Cod, MA

an Albin Manual

Post by bluechip7676 »

what a great and overdue idea..I can't understand why my boat..new in 1998..didn't have a complete manual of specs and diagrams..we just muddled thru..my dealer and I..Peter on Blue Chip
I love my 1998 Albin28..but I hate the Peninsula in it
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

I like to think of it this way:

Each of our Albins are hand crafted by artisans in New England, since each Albin is a true work of art and unique unto itself, there is really no way to develop a standard set of manuals. 8) 8) 8)
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
AlMar
Gold Member
Gold Member

uh, yeah

Post by AlMar »

Right, and I've never seen a copy of the Mona Lisa. :lol:
AlMar
DonJuan
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Springfield LA

Post by DonJuan »

We got our Albin 43 back from the shop and we are very excited to have our Grand Loop veteran home. One thing I will like to ask is, where I can get an owners manual. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

DonJuan wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:45 pm We got our Albin 43 back from the shop and we are very excited to have our Grand Loop veteran home. One thing I will like to ask is, where I can get an owners manual. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks
Owner's manuals for these boats were never produced. Albin's low production runs and honestly general disorderliness as a company means that there isn't a ton of similarity between individual boats anyway. The way one boat is rigged will be different from the way another is rigged, meaning you really are left to figure it out on your own. This is a big part of why John created this forum: to help us learn from one another. If you have a question about how to operate something on your boat, ask it here, and you might get some useful feedback.

Return to “General Discussion”