• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

trailer for my Albin 28 TE on Maine

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

paulamaxim
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stonington, Maine

trailer for my Albin 28 TE on Maine

Post by paulamaxim »

Looking to buy a trailer for our Albin 28 TE in Maine. Any suggestions?
1st Mate Paula Maxim & Capt. Tom Duarte
djpeewee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Angeles/On Driveway

Re: trailer for my Albin 28 TE on Maine

Post by djpeewee »

I have seen a few different manufacturers who have made trailers for the 28. Ours is from ABTrailers.com (818) 780-1594. They are in southern California - about as far as you can get from Maine. They have made several custom trailers for the 28. The boat is really easy to launch and especially easy to load. So easy that I removed the side guide bunks shown in the photos as they were not needed and an obstruction to keeping the hull waxed. I tow with a 3/4 ton diesel without much problem. The whole boat and trailer weigh around 13k lbs, with a tongue weight of about 400 lbs. Aftermarket hitch installed to handle the load.
20140923_093642.jpg
20140921_122020.jpg
Trygon and Pud.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DJ
TRYGON
28 TE Flush Deck
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

I got a quote for one but its low priority but you can't beat a boat master trailer. They have built several for Albin 28s. My dad has had his boatmaster and it's still in perfect condition and its 15yrs old+. they make the trailers for the military.
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Post by coolchange »

Mine is a loadmaster triple and was custom for a 28TE..has all sorts of adjustable bunks to fit either that or my 27FC (its a little big for this but fit the 28) ...bunks allow for sling launch as well as at a ramp...I think they are in Indiana. Boat is in the water and trailer in the pasture if you want a pic or two
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
earpoper1
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Martinez CA

Post by earpoper1 »

djpeewee wrote:I have seen a few different manufacturers who have made trailers for the 28. Ours is from ABTrailers.com (818) 780-1594. They are in southern California - about as far as you can get from Maine. They have made several custom trailers for the 28. The boat is really easy to launch and especially easy to load. So easy that I removed the side guide bunks shown in the photos as they were not needed and an obstruction to keeping the hull waxed. I tow with a 3/4 ton diesel without much problem. The whole boat and trailer weigh around 13k lbs, with a tongue weight of about 400 lbs. Aftermarket hitch installed to handle the load.
20140923_093642.jpg
20140921_122020.jpg
Trygon and Pud.jpg
do you know the over all length??
djpeewee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Angeles/On Driveway

Post by djpeewee »

The length of the trailer is 30'. The boat hangs over the end of the trailer somewhat, so the overall length is 37' from the ball to the outside edge of the swim step.

A little off topic but relevant - not sure if you saw one of my posts awhile back about trailering a 28TE? Because of the keel, the boat sits slightly bow-down on the trailer. This, in addition to the suboptimal exhaust design was allowing small amounts of water to slosh into the exhaust side of the turbo when towing. It wasn't catastrophic, but wasn't good for the turbo either.

I ended up installing a 1/2" ball valve on the muffler to drain the water before leaving the ramp. I can also drain it while drift fishing for the same reason.

I just finished installing a new turbo so we'll see how it goes this year.
DJ
TRYGON
28 TE Flush Deck
earpoper1
First Mate
First Mate

Post by earpoper1 »

djpeewee wrote:The length of the trailer is 30'. The boat hangs over the end of the trailer somewhat, so the overall length is 37' from the ball to the outside edge of the swim step.

A little off topic but relevant - not sure if you saw one of my posts awhile back about trailering a 28TE? Because of the keel, the boat sits slightly bow-down on the trailer. This, in addition to the suboptimal exhaust design was allowing small amounts of water to slosh into the exhaust side of the turbo when towing. It wasn't catastrophic, but wasn't good for the turbo either.

I ended up installing a 1/2" ball valve on the muffler to drain the water before leaving the ramp. I can also drain it while drift fishing for the same reason.

I just finished installing a new turbo so we'll see how it goes this year.
That is great info THANK YOU !!!
earpoper1
First Mate
First Mate

Re: trailer specs for my Albin 28 TE

Post by earpoper1 »

I just bought my first albin 28 and I am looking to set up a trailer for it , does any one have bunk specs? like how high up does the pads need to be , and how far apart, any info would help thank you.
ArmyFish
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Bay, FL

Post by ArmyFish »

Just bought a 28TE and also need to set-up a trailer for it. Looking for the bunk height from the crossmember/axles. I’m tracking it is best if the bow is lower than stern for bridge clearance. Thanks in advance!
Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Cove Marina, Chester River Maryland

Post by Sprig1 »

I just bought a trailer 12,000 lb. From boatrailerdepot.com. Great price American made products. I cannot say enough good things about them. I dealt directly with the owner of the company. Contact is Martin 860-301-7780

Return to “General Discussion”