• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Average age of a 28 TE owner?

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

JFaberMD
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Eden, MD

Re: Average age of a 28 TE owner?

Post by JFaberMD »

My wife and I are in our late 30’s and bought our 28 back in August. We love it. It’s still in the water and we’ll be out on her for a few tomorrow. It’s a little chilly here in MD with the cold snap but the cockpit stays pretty warm on a sunny day.
Josh F.
1998 Albin 28TE
"Muddy Duck”
CaptRonV
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chicago Il

Post by CaptRonV »

Thanx for the invite. I'm still plugging along traveling the world supporting my fire truck manufacturers. Some day when I do the Loop.
Captain Ron Voisard
Chicago.Il.
Absolutely
2002 28TE
Capt JT
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Dunedin

Post by Capt JT »

Just joined this group a few weeks ago ahead of our 28TE purchase. Closed December 15th, and brought her back to Florida on the water the first couple of weeks in Jan. Over 700nm in 10 days, including locking through the center of the state via the Okeechobee Waterway. Great trip and sea trial! This is our 6th boat, and I really appreciate what the original poster said. We work hard, drive cars that are paid off, and live in a 2 bedroom home. We just really like experiences and boating, so made it a priority. 42 here and my wife is 40. So far, we are in love with our new (to us) Albin.
James M.
1999 Albin 28TE Yanmar 6LP-STZE
"Orange Blossom"
gfuller
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Portland, ME

Post by gfuller »

Capt JT,

Good for you guys! that's one awesome shakedown cruise! This is our 12th(?) boat and by far the best one yet. We fished it hard all last year as well as took it up and down the coast on family adventures. Very much looking forward to getting back out there again!

Welcome to the group!
1999 Albin 28 TE Yanmar 6LP-STE
camone
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: topolobampo

Post by camone »

I was 30 years old when we got the albin 28 flush deck we fish a lot in Mexico very affordable on fuel and seaworthy for the size.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I was 63 when Josh posted this. <smile>
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Toolmanbob1993
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston

Post by Toolmanbob1993 »

Git my albin last oct when i was 56,wished i had done it sooner..

Hopefully it has extended my time to enjoy the ocean like i do.
2000 28 TE “Slow Ride”
GeorgeS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bristol, RI

Post by GeorgeS »

HI there.
2nd Wind is our Albin 28 TE and she is a tender 21, a bit on the youngish side for me at age 77, after several gorgeous sailboats, this is our first power boat. She just got her " all clear" from the diesel doctor in New Bedford after a sizable contribution to his favorite charity. "Gotta give to get" and that's just a fact of boating life, so here we are, in Bristol Harbor RI with the Yanmar purring like a kitten and her thruster ready to go. . .

Return to “General Discussion”