Stowing a dinghy on Albin 28TE hardtop

BRISWISH
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Middle River, Maryland

Hey all. I'm new and just posted in the new member introduction forum :D . I searched AOG and found a lot of information about davits and dinghy sizes for davits, but haven't found much information on stowing a dinghy on the hardtop. Does anyone stow their dinghy on their hardtop? Pics? Dinghy recommendations?

I am a pretty avid fisherman and don't quite want to explore davits. I measured and see that I am working with 95 inches between the spotlight and stern side of the hardtop under the radar arch. Briefly looked into Takacats and the 260lx model would work, the 300lx is a maybe.

But now I am looking into other dinghy's with inflatable decks or non-ribbed decks. Need something light.

Also, if you stow your dinghy on the hardtop, where do you stow your motor? Thinking I may need to build stand... Don't want to store on the transom door.

Thanks!
Brian
Brian Swisher
2004 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck w/ 315 Yanmar - "Unleased"
Sisu22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Home Port: Ventura, CA

We have a 10' Achilles with the hi pressure floor that we store on the hardtop. Nothing fancy, but we don't have a spotlight up there either. Been thinking about a more clever way to get it up on top, which is possible for two adults but a huge pain for only one person.

We store a small outboard in the transom middle storage.
1994 TE 28' w/ Cummins 250
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

In this linked thread there are two shots of my LSI260 (air floor) on my 28TE hardtop. Second shot was after I raised the radome with a scanstrut.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8125&hilit=dinghy
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
BRISWISH
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Middle River, Maryland

Thanks @Sisu22 ! I wasn't sure I could fit a 10' up there. I also have a horn attached to the radar arch that I'll likely need to move.

Appreciate the pics @RobS. I came across a steal through a friend. He is selling me a PRU-3 Performance Roll-Up Inflatable dink (used once) with a 2.5hp motor. Similar size to yours. I thought I might have to deflate and inflate each weekend, but looks like I might be able to get away with stowing it on the roof. I have a front spotlight that I don't see in your pics which may be challenging. I'll figure it out next week once I pick up the dink.
Brian Swisher
2004 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck w/ 315 Yanmar - "Unleased"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

BRISWISH wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:11 pm I have a front spotlight that I don't see in your pics which may be challenging....
I had that spotlight and it fit inside the upside down dinghy without a problem. It also kept the forward end of the dinghy centered from movement..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”