• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Water filter under salon sink

shrsmoore
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett

Water filter under salon sink

Post by shrsmoore »

We bought a 31 TE not too long ago and we are trying to figure out all the systems on board. What a task without a manual or diagram! Anyway, we have a water filter for drinking use under the sink in the cockpit (behind the helm). We cannot seem to figure out the best way to access it, in order to replace the filter. We cannot get to it by removing the drawers. (fairly sure it has not been replaced for quite some time) Any ideas?
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Water filter under salon sink

Post by Pitou »

If there is a water filter under the sink in the salon behind the helm seat it would have been added by a previous owner and was not something that Albin provided. Have you looked down in the engine compartment where the water feed lines come up to the sink? This area would make more sense for servicing. What makes you think that there is a filter for the water fixture?

If there is a filter where you suggest, the only access would be to remove the entire slide in cabinet that houses the drawers or access by removing the refrigerator. Removing the fridge would work, but you would then be reaching in behind the cabinet and this may not give you enough access. The slide in cabinet is removed by removing the cabinet's frame screws and removing the entire slide in cabinet. You may need to score the any perimeter sealant if present. I don't think that either is any more difficult than the other to remove. I had removed my refrigerator a couple of years ago to replace the door face panel and found that there is quite a bit of room behind the drawer cabinet and if you have a filter I'm sure that this is where a filter would be mounted if inside the cabinet beneath the sink fixture..
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”