• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

What degree wiper motors should be installed - 28TE

Tommyk93
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: New Rochelle, NY

What degree wiper motors should be installed - 28TE

Post by Tommyk93 »

hello all,

i just replaced my wiper arms with pantographic arms thinking i would get a better sweep when activated but that isnt the case unfortunately. what degree should the wiper motors be at ? i bought the boat a few years ago and these are the motors it came with so im not sure what degree they are now. Also the arms i purchased extend to 17" long.

if anyone has been able to solve this problem please provide any info so i could finally resolve this annoying issue.
thanks

1994 Albin 28TE -
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Re: What degree wiper motors should be installed - 28TE

Post by carolmarie »

I’m winding down for the evening but suffice to say that adding the pantograph feature DOUBLES the surface area of coverage. I did my 28TE years ago and it made a huge difference. Sorry I can’t provide specifics at the moment but I’ll see what I can find in my records tomorrow (maybe). Also, doing a AOG data search on the subject will provide lots of info.
Don.
Tommyk93
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: New Rochelle, NY

Re: What degree wiper motors should be installed - 28TE

Post by Tommyk93 »

carolmarie wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:47 pm I’m winding down for the evening but suffice to say that adding the pantograph feature DOUBLES the surface area of coverage. I did my 28TE years ago and it made a huge difference. Sorry I can’t provide specifics at the moment but I’ll see what I can find in my records tomorrow (maybe). Also, doing a AOG data search on the subject will provide lots of info.
Don.

PLEASE AND THANK YOU ITS GREATLY APPRICIATED. IVE BEEN TRYING TO NARROW DOWN THE ISSUE FOR A WHILE NOW AND I FINALLY THOUGHT I HAD IT FIGURED OUT WITH THE NEW WIPER ARMS LOL

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”