• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Washdown/Live well wiring

alandry100
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Portland, Maine

Washdown/Live well wiring

Post by alandry100 »

Hi all -
Just recently purchased a 04 28TE. It is an amazing boat as you all know. The raw water washdown and live well are not plumbed. The raw water washdown is wired at the helm (livewell is not). I would like to have both - can they both be on one switch or should they have separate circuits. Also, does anyone know where the unconnected but wired ends of the circuits come out - how do I access?
Thanks,
Aaron
04' 28TE Kris Ann
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Washdown/Live well wiring

Post by Pitou »

Congrats on the new boat. Flush Deck or Engine Box?

I am not second guessing you, but be sure that the DC switches/breakers are not just wired for supplied DC power and not also wired for their respective appliance (pumps). Albin would quite often label a switch on the panel and provide power to the breaker and the on light will illuminate when turned on, but then not provide wiring to the appliance, in your case the pumps. You'll need to pull the panel to check.
If the

If you run two separate pumps, you should have two separate breakers.
If you choose to use one pump to supply the baitwell and the saltwater washdown then one switch/breaker is fine.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
alandry100
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Portland, Maine

Post by alandry100 »

Thanks for the response Pitou - It is an engine box. I thought I wanted more deck space initially when looking. I actually really like the engine box as a seat and the larger cabin.

I think the washdown is wired as it has a brown wire that goes into the harness then down below (somewhere) in addition to the power and negative.

I think it would be better to have the livewell and pump independent so I will have to run another wire from somewhere. Maybe the autopilot (not installed)??

A
04' 28TE Kris Ann
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

It's pretty easy to run a new wire for the washdown or bait pump from the helm. Just get some 14/2 marine wire and go for it. Albin pre did switches on all the control panels like Pitou said.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”