• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

31 TE compared to 28

Albesaurus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Connecticut

31 TE compared to 28

Post by Albesaurus »

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer. We certainly are on our 2002 28 TE. We are now in our second season and we love her more everyday. So easy to maintain, clean and handle alone. So efficient on fuel.

So with two adults and three kids. We just make it for overnights in transient slips. The issue is the kids can’t grow. If they do we wont be able to fit in the cabin. So my wife asks if we can get a bigger boat.... So the 31 comes to mind. Now i’m sure they are hard to find but this would be the only upgrade i would go for. I am very happy with the single engle bow thruster cruiser. I had twin diesels before and i dont want to go that route again.

I would love to hear the pro’s and Cons of this specific upgrade from 28te to 31te. How much more fuel can i expect to burn? Does the 31 ride as awesome as the 28? Is there really a good difference in the cabin sleeping accommodations? I know the differences in the models but i was wondering if any of you would chime in on your experience going from one to the other. I have read many have done it.

Nick
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pensacola, Florida

Re: 31 TE compared to 28

Post by irishwake »

I have owned 2 Albin 28’s. The 31 I own now is like an over grown 28. It has 2 large sleeping berths, head with separate shower, large open area to run the boat with a large sitting area and lots of storage. It runs rock solid, handles like a dream, and has an average fuel burn of 6 gals.per hr. Most Maintenace areas have good access. When you see one you will notice the difference immediately.
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pensacola, Florida

Re: 31 TE compared to 28

Post by irishwake »

These pictures will give you an idea of the size of the 31’s.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”