• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2001 28TE butane stove.........

Mike Monte
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Portsmouth, RI

2001 28TE butane stove.........

Post by Mike Monte »

As an owner of this boat since new, I have never used its butane stove...
but
I would like to start using it (better late than never) to brew hot coffee in the morning while at anchor/on a mooring.

I have all of the original parts that came with it (it's a Glowmate) but the burner rack is too big to hold a coffee pot (think small espresso coffee pot or a old-school pot).
I could put a "hot-plate" on the rack but I am leery to do so as it could/would slip off as the boat rocks thus creating a safety issue.

Has anyone found a work-around for this?

Oh, and yes, I do not drink iced coffee (in case you'd ask - lol)
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: 2001 28TE butane stove.........

Post by Norseman »

My burner rack stores upside down when not in use, maybe your is too?
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
LillianpFD
First Mate
First Mate

Post by LillianpFD »

I have never used my stove either but I bought a nice stainless coffee press to make coffee in the morning on overnights. You have to flip the burner over but it still didn't provide a flat enough surface for the coffee press to rest comfortably on. So i bought a gas ring reducer on amazon for 8 bucks and it works great. I also found some gas cannasters that fit at home depot online; Had to have them shipped to the store and picked them up. Love the inexpensive fixes!
drbob
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Cape Harbour, Cape Coral, FL

Post by drbob »

We use a Kurig. We like the one that made a full pot, but they discontinued it. Now it's the smaller single cup maker. We'll get by I suppose.

I didn't like that little camp stove that came with the boat. Gave it to a guy who goes camping. He liked it.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”