• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Height of Albin 31 twin engine

rhutch98
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Francisco Bay Area

Height of Albin 31 twin engine

Post by rhutch98 »

I am under contract on a 31 TE with twin Yanmars which is down in southern CA. If all goes well, which it is looking like, I will be shipping her to SF Bay Area. With all that said, I am trying to determine the height for shipping purposes. I will remove the radar for shipping but hoping the Arch can remain in place. Anyone have this info? Internet search has not provided much info.

Cheers,

Rob
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Height of Albin 31 twin engine

Post by Pitou »

Welcome aboard Rob and congratulations on your new boat. How a bout a picture or two?
You should consider becoming a supporting member and here's how: index2.htm

Lot's of good searchable information here on the Albin Owner's Group along with access to the Document Library for its supporting members.

Here's a freebie for you from the PDF formatted 31TE Technical Specs Bulletin that's located in the AOG, Document Library:

31TE Draft Measurements:
Water Draft: 3 ft. - 3 inches (twin engines)
3 ft. - 10 inches (single engine)
Air Draft: 10 ft. - 3 inches with the standard radar arch / Total shipping height: 13 ft. - 6 inches
Air Draft: 9 ft. - 3 inches with the arch removed / Total shipping height: 12 ft. - 6 inches

All the best in transporting your new boat home.
Last edited by Pitou on Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pensacola, Florida

Post by irishwake »

Had to remove the arch on my 31 for shipping. No problem lays down in cockpit with all wires attached. You will love the 31. Best of luck.
rhutch98
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Francisco Bay Area

Post by rhutch98 »

Pitou wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:49 pm Welcome aboard Rob and congratulations on your new boat. How a bout a picture or two?
You should consider becoming a supporting member and here's how: index2.htm

Lot's of good searchable information here on the Albin Owner's Group along with access to the Document Library for its supporting members.

Here's a freebie for you from the PDF formatted 31TE Technical Specs Bulletin that's located in the AOG, Document Library:

31TE Draft Measurements:
Water Draft: 3 ft. - 3 inches (twin engines)
3 ft. - 10 inches (single engine)
Air Draft: 10 ft. - 3 inches with the standard radar arch / Total shipping height: 13 ft. - 6 inches
Air Draft: 9 ft. - 3 inches with the arch removed / Total shipping height: 12 ft. - 6 inches

All the best in transporting your new boat home.

Thanks, this is exactly what I am looking for... I did make a donation to become a supporting member but I don't have access to the document library yet. Here is a preview picture. She is in great shape and the current owner is meticulous in taking care of her so I am anticipating clean survey's. With that said, I am looking for a mechanic to survey the engine, so I will open a new topic.

Cheers,

Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”