• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Bow sprit Replacement

gregnjan
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Santa Barbara, CA

Bow sprit Replacement

Post by gregnjan »

Hello, I'm the new owner of Mdina, a '94 28TE that was modified for length by shortening the bow sprit. I'm looking for a source to replace the modified one with something more like the original. Is there someone out there who may be building these parts, or should I look to a local fiberglass fabricator. Alternatively, has anyone gone custom with stainless or aluminum fabrication? If so, I'd like to see how it was done.
Thanks, Greg
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: Bow sprit Replacement

Post by Norseman »

Wow.
Never heard of anybody replacing the bow sprit on an Albin 28TE.
( The anchor platform, OR the bow rail?)

“ bowsprit – An extension (in our case a big, solid piece of teak) that is bolted to the deck at the bow and extends out, over the water. It's secured by the bobstay and two whiskerstays. The purpose of a bowsprit is to increase the amount of sail area”

Sorry, not trying to be a smart-arse: To avoid any misunderstandings, post pictures..
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”