• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Calling all beige topside owners…..

Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Re: Calling all beige topside owners…..

Post by Jkraft »

Pitou wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:08 am
Tree wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:41 am Ice grey ..
Opinions?
I like it, Lee. Looks sharp and "modern". Who makes the "Ice Grey"?

I'm toying with "Jet Black", but just don't yet have the courage!
Jet black all the way!
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

Just updating this thread. Still a little bit of work to do around the bathing platform and transom. Name to go on the stern which I’m thinking as Silver bordered letters with the back ground being Stars and Stripes merging into a Union Jack. New Albin logos on the wheel house in original blue and red.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

It's gorgeous!
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pensacola, Florida

Post by irishwake »

Looks great! Don’t want to ruffle your feathers, but aren’t the air intakes facing the wrong direction?
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tree »

irishwake wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:36 am Looks great! Don’t want to ruffle your feathers, but aren’t the air intakes facing the wrong direction?
They’ve always been that way since importing the boat. I can’t say I’ve ever had a drop of water through them - certainly never seen any coming through the trunking attached to them anyway.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
DebNPete
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by DebNPete »

Hi, We just bought a 2007 31 TE. It's got the dark blue faded paint. We are considering painting it beige.
Your boat looks great. What did the final color end up being? would love to see more pics.
Such a big decision and so hard to make.

Thanks,
Deb and Pete
Rockport MA
Deb and Pete, Pier 7 Marina, Gloucester MA
Albin 31 TE: September 2023-present, 500 Cummins, Hull # 129
Albin 35 CB: 2015-2022, 440 Yanmar
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tree »

DebNPete wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:33 am Hi, We just bought a 2007 31 TE. It's got the dark blue faded paint. We are considering painting it beige.
Your boat looks great. What did the final color end up being? would love to see more pics.

Thanks,
Deb and Pete
Rockport MA
I used a vinyl wrap from Orafol and went with Ice grey and the pin striping was all in Papryus - no more polishing and takes around 20 minutes to clean every season.

Also half the price of paint as the entire job including name, boot line, Albin Logos and topside pin striping was £3000 10 year warranty and if i get bored of it, just remove it and apply a new colour!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by REBMystic »

Tree wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:41 am
DebNPete wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:33 am Hi, We just bought a 2007 31 TE. It's got the dark blue faded paint. We are considering painting it beige.

Thanks,
Deb and Pete
Rockport MA
I used a vinyl wrap from Orafol and went with Ice grey and the pin striping was all in Papryus - no more polishing and takes around 20 minutes to clean every season.

Also half the price of paint as the entire job including name, boot line, Albin Logos and topside pin striping was £3000 10 year warranty and if i get bored of it, just remove it and apply a new colour!
The wrap definitely looks great. I don't have experience but worry about scrapes / rips. Eg up against a dock or pole. (not that I've EVER bumped into a dock or pole :D ). Can those be patched / fixed?
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tree »

Yes Rob. That was one if not my key concern. I use the boat mainly for fishing so lead weights do occasionally bang on the side. I have got one small scuff on the port stern quarter but when we lift out for refit next year, the wrapping company are coming down to cut that section out and lay a new piece in. I am advised I will not see any join lines! One thing that is important is the use of fender socks as grit getting into the rubber of the fenders will scratch the surface. I had some minor scratching the first year but nothing vinyl polish didn’t remove.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by REBMystic »

Tree wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:41 pm Yes Rob. That was one if not my key concern. I use the boat mainly for fishing so lead weights do occasionally bang on the side. I have got one small scuff on the port stern quarter but when we lift out for refit next year, the wrapping company are coming down to cut that section out and lay a new piece in. I am advised I will not see any join lines! One thing that is important is the use of fender socks as grit getting into the rubber of the fenders will scratch the surface. I had some minor scratching the first year but nothing vinyl polish didn’t remove.
Got it. That's great - did not know it could be patched!
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”