• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fuel Injection Pump - Rebuild?

tdsull
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Marblehead, MA

Fuel Injection Pump - Rebuild?

Post by tdsull »

I had the injectors rebuilt 2 years ago. But recently I have noticed the exhaust is a little bit more stinky than usual, and now I have some fuel in the exhaust. Last weekend I lost total power while cruising at 10 knots, and couldn’t get the engine to restart, I had to be towed in. I haven’t had any issues with low RPMs, stalling, misfires or sputtering. Just shut down instantly.

Fuel pump relay and stop button were replaced when the injectors were rebuilt.

I replaced the fuel filters this weekend, a small amount of debris and water was drained out. Didn’t seem like enough to block anything, but couldn’t get it to fire. Cranks but won’t fire.

Marina mechanic came on Monday and it started right way for him. He came back today and it fired right up again.

Should I be looking to rebuild the fuel injection or lift pump?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Tim
Louise ll
28 TE 2000 (6LP-STE)

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”