• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

What is a 2002 Albin 28 TE worth?

hatchetjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saint Marys, Georgia

What is a 2002 Albin 28 TE worth?

Post by hatchetjoe »

A recent medical problem is forcing me to sell my 2002 Albin 28 TE just when I though I had everything in place for a great summer of cruising. My question for this group is if I can arrange a private sale without a broker what should be my minimum sale price?
Here are the details: 2002 Albin 28 TE, hull #620. Yanmar 6LP STP with about 1400 hours. (Have full records of all oil analysis since I purchased the boat, there are no major problems indicated.) It has a reverse cycle air conditioning of undetermined vintage that works well. It has a NextGen 3.5 KW generator with less than 100 hours. Electronics – Simrad NSS EVO 3 9” MFD with matching Airmar Chirp transducer and Simrad HALO dome radar. Dual VHF radios with individual antenna. The original 19x19 C cup propeller was replaced with a new nibral 19x17 inch C cup prop to allow full engine rpm. Have full maintenance records and receipts for all the service at a local marina.
Recent upgrades: Mantus 30# anchor with 30 ft of chain and 200 ft ½ nylon 8-plait rode. Lewmar windlass with remote. SeaDek flooring professionally installed in cabin, cockpit and swim platform. New sunshade over rear deck of top of the line Stamoid Top material. The rear of the shade is hinged to flip up to allow room for fishing off the stern. Pilot house enclosure, Stamoid and Stratoglass plus custom window covers. The wheel hydraulic steering cylinder was professionally replaced and at the same time the ram cylinder for the rudder was increased by two models as suggested by others on this forum. A SeaFlow Marine Dry Bilge system is included but I only have it partially installed. The bow navigation lights were replaced with Hella LED lights. All other lights have been converted to LEDs. New custom table because PO had cut the previous table down. Three new 12 v fans in cabin.
Also included is a West Marine PRU3 roll up dinghy which has been used less than a dozen times and always stored indoors out of the sun. There is brand new Dinghy Sling Davit System, never used.
Boat will soon be in Fernandina Beach, FL.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Hatchetjoe
Final Draft
Albin 28 TE
315 hp Yanmar 6LPA STP 19x17 4 blade prop
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Re: What is a 2002 Albin 28 TE worth?

Post by Jkraft »

Mid 80s to mid 90s. Hard to find one that’s truly turn key like yours looks to be. And believe me, I know I what it took to get mine there
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
Boats4fun
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Punta Gorda Fl

Post by Boats4fun »

I would be interested in seeing your boat when you arrive in Fernandina. I am on the West coast of Fl. What is your anticipated arrival ?
Thanks
hatchetjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by hatchetjoe »

Weather permitting my boat will arrive at Egan's Creek Marina in Fernandina Beach tomorrow morning. It can be seen there. Thanks
Hatchetjoe
Final Draft
Albin 28 TE
hatchetjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by hatchetjoe »

Sorry, I forgot to add that this boat does have outrigger mounts on the sides and it comes with a set of aluminum outriggers that are in good condition. I have never measured the length of the outriggers but I would guess they are somewhere between 14 -18 feet.
Hatchetjoe
Final Draft
Albin 28 TE
Pirate1
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Washington NC

Post by Pirate1 »

What is the status of your boat, very nice write up!
hatchetjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by hatchetjoe »

My boat is currently at Egan's Creek Marina in Fernandina Beach, FL waiting for an offer. I am asking $77,000. If I don't get any interest soon I will place the boat with a broker.
Hatchetjoe
Final Draft
Albin 28 TE
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Post by Jkraft »

hatchetjoe wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:09 am My boat is currently at Egan's Creek Marina in Fernandina Beach, FL waiting for an offer. I am asking $77,000. If I don't get any interest soon I will place the boat with a broker.
That’s a steal for that boat
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
Cdavidson
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Jacksonville, FL

Post by Cdavidson »

Hatchet, just sent you an email 👍
Pirate1
Mate
Mate

Post by Pirate1 »

What is the current status??
Pirate1
Mate
Mate

Post by Pirate1 »

Still for sale?

I’m confused
Cdavidson
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Jacksonville, FL

Post by Cdavidson »

Pirate1 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:59 pm Still for sale?

I’m confused
Pirate1 yes, the boat is still available. It is now with a broker, see info below.

I did a walkthrough yesterday, I really wanted this to be the one, but it wasn’t. I am probably being too picky for a 20 year old boat but while this one is beautiful, there is a lot of cosmetic work to be done to bring her back to her glory days. I’ve been lucky enough to happen across a couple very pristine examples in the past year I just wasn’t ready to purchase at that time and I know I’ll find another.

Crystal Hanley
Licensed Yacht Broker
Curtis Stokes & Associates, Inc.
St. Augustine, FL
Direct phone: 407.247.8733
http://www.curtisstokes.net
Pirate1
Mate
Mate

Post by Pirate1 »

As I am in NC, could you expand on the cosmetic issues. Viewing pictures, it looks very nice

Thanks

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”