• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rain water in bilge........

Mike Monte
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Portsmouth, RI

Rain water in bilge........

Post by Mike Monte »

I am having an issue with rainwater entering my bilge on my 2001 28TE.

I regularly clear-out the storage-compartment drains; on each side of the boat I plug one drain hole (under the hatch) and force high-pressure water through the other, then switch to the other holes on the same side. I repeat the process on the other side of the boat.
Water seems to run through when I am done....although it seems to run somewhat slow for what it's worth..

Before our last rather heavy rainstorm 4 days ago I flushed once again but also added a waterproof tape to the caulk-seal above the fuel tank....
...still, there were gallons (10?) of water in the bilge, so much so that the forward bilge pump was activated.....

Maybe I am not cleaning/flushing the drains well-enough....
Should I just remove the drain hoses and replace (a big PITA) or is there a better way to flush/clean them?

Any thoughts?
LillianpFD
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Rain water in bilge........

Post by LillianpFD »

I have a flush deck and replaced the plumbing and the gasket on my big fish box on the deck. I also had water leaking at the air vent on the starboard side that sat attached to the wheel house. There was a plastic shield inside the vent that was cracked. Cleaned those two issues up and my bilge is almost dry most of the season.
Sisu22
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ventura, CA

Post by Sisu22 »

The only leaks that I have that I know of are from my rod holders. Have you tried running a hose on the deck and then opening hatches to see if you have splashes below?
1994 TE 28' w/ Cummins 250
Mike Monte
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Portsmouth, RI

Post by Mike Monte »

I found the source of the leak: The main scupper on the starboard side is leaking directly into the bilge.
There is a short length of hose attaching the deck scupper drain to the exit fitting on the hull.
The hose has separated from the fitting....and of course, the hose clamp connection is rusted solid.....
...with no room to really get at it .....

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”