• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Norcold and Samsung Modifications

Buddy28TE
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Hartge Yacht Harbor

Norcold and Samsung Modifications

Post by Buddy28TE »

Has anyone replaced the white Samsung MW620WA with another microwave that is stainless steel. I was simply hoping to be able to update the cabin and thought this small modification would help.

Additionally, has anyone found a Stainless Steel Door Panel Kit for the Norcold refrigerator? I have searched and only able to find kits for other models. I did see a video where the boat owner cut down a steel panel to make it fit and others that order it custom.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide, I greatly appreciate it.

Shawn Gross
Buddy III (formerly Hair of the Dog)
2002 28 Albin
Gailsville, Maryland
Chesapeake Bay
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Norcold and Samsung Modifications

Post by Tree »

I replaced my norcold door with a stainless steel panel but it was a bit more involved as I was missing the bottom trim. The old steel panel simply slid out and I was able to cut a stainless sheet and slide that in - I made the new bottom trim from grey PVC to get a colour match. They’re not the best fridge by most accounts but mine is never off so is always ice cold. Even on the lowest setting.

I also replaced my old 110 volt Samsung microwave when I converted everything over to 240 volts 50hz and replaced it with a daewoo QT1. Not a perfect fit but close enough.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Buddy28TE
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Hartge Yacht Harbor

Post by Buddy28TE »

Thanks so much for your reply, when you say the microwave was a bit off, by how far do you mean, is it obvious to other passengers or just something you notice.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

It’s just a bit smaller - probably better in the long run since they need some air round them.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”