• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

AC in a 28 TE

DownEast2
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Mystic

AC in a 28 TE

Post by DownEast2 »

I did a search for this topic but it might be easier to just ask a specific question here.
I would like to install a reverse cycle AC unit in my 28TE. The question I have is the two units I have priced a 6k Marine Air and 6k Webasto don't really look like they can fit in the forward compartment where the bow thruster is located and the instructions say not to put them in the bilge area. My question is where do you have your units installed and what is the brand and model you recommend?
Thanks
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Re: AC in a 28 TE

Post by Jkraft »

In my 28, it was a 12,000 BTU Marine Airrrr unit which I believe is now made by Dometic. It fit right up in the bow next to the thruster. I sold the boat, so I don't have photos, but it did fit.
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Ct

Post by Pedro »

Hi,I’ve researched it for my 28 and there are pictures on this site somewhere,,they all seem to fit a 6k unit up next to the thruster,,good luck,,
I still haven’t pulled the trigger on that upgrade,,
Autopilot last year so maybe soon I’ll get to it
Pete
Sisu22
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ventura, CA

Post by Sisu22 »

Seconded for the bow area - forward of the thruster.

The cleaner pictures is not mine- that is from somewhere else on the internet but I saved it because it was such a beautiful install :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
1994 TE 28' w/ Cummins 250
Mike Monte
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Portsmouth, RI

Post by Mike Monte »

On my 2001 28TE: Marine Air 10K reverse cycle heat/AC unit installed (in 2004) near the bow thruster.
There is an air vent below the dinette table - I just keep that area clear of clutter.
At the beginning of each season I clean the forward bilge well (scrub with simple green/wet vac).
It works well.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”