• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

TE 31 sanitation piping system questions

REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

TE 31 sanitation piping system questions

Post by REBMystic »

Hi Folks. Happy spring! Looking for info on the sanitary system. I am learning the systems on the new-to-me 2001 TE 31. It's shrink wrapped on the hard and I will likely replace the sanitary hoses due to the awful stink in the cabin. As I was tracing the system there is some stuff I can't figure out.
- The pumpout looks to be stbd side near the aft cleat (My shrinkwrap is covering it but deduced via photo and hose runs.)
- There is another hose which comes down from the area of the pumpout connection and exits aft under the swim platform (stbd most thru hull). What that for?!
- there is a sanitary hose that exists a Y valve and goes to port and up into the area I can't see, where the transom shower is. Then a hose returns from that dark place and goes to a Y connection at the thru-hull which the macerator also goes to. What the heck is that hose run for?

If someone has a piping diagram - would love to see!! :) I will be creating one once I go thru this.

Thanks so much
Rob
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: TE 31 san piping system questions

Post by WillieC »

Check out The HeadMistress, Peggie Hall.
Get Rid of Boat Odors. She'll put the hurt on any stink you may encounter.

So many of these boats are custom, so a generic diagram may not exist. But somebody will weigh in and help you sort it out.
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pensacola, Florida

Post by irishwake »

On my 2002 31 that I recently sold the head plumbing was as follows. The fresh water head ran a hose to a Y valve that would allow you to send the waste to the holding tank or you could go straight overboard. Coming out of the holding tank you had another Y valve that allowed you to send the waste to the macerator to be pumped overboard or to the pump out connection on the starboard stern.
REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by REBMystic »

WillieC wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:41 pm Check out The HeadMistress, Peggie Hall.

So many of these boats are custom, so a generic diagram may not exist. But somebody will weigh in and help you sort it out.
Thanks you! I will for sure.
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"
REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by REBMystic »

irishwake wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:33 am On my 2002 31 that I recently sold the head plumbing was as follows. The fresh water head ran a hose to a Y valve that would allow you to send the waste to the holding tank or you could go straight overboard. Coming out of the holding tank you had another Y valve that allowed you to send the waste to the macerator to be pumped overboard or to the pump out connection on the starboard stern.
OK - that looks to be the same set-up I have. The hose run (which goes over to the port side) for the straight overboard must go up to a siphon break in the high point in the aft port combing corner. Just can't see up in there!

Very much appreciate your comments.
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"
loganmj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bellingham, WA

Re: TE 31 sanitation piping system questions

Post by loganmj »

Not sure if this is helpful but my 35TE had 2 Y valves. At the first one you could select direct discharge overboard, or to holding tank, then the second Y-valve selected where the holding tank discharge went (deck pumpout, or macerator overboard). When I replaced the hose I deleted the direct overboard option and Y Valve.
Mike and Shannon
Tonic
2000 Albin 35TE (galley up, no FB)
Twin Cummins 6BTA 370's
REBMystic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by REBMystic »

WillieC wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:41 pm Check out The HeadMistress, Peggie Hall.

Thanks for the reference to the book. Very helpful. I knew some about sanitary systems, but this really helped with some of my misconceptions.
- Rob
2001 Albin 31 TE
"Time On The Pond"
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: TE 31 sanitation piping system questions

Post by WillieC »

Spread the word. You see all kinds of interesting stuff on the web, and every now and then you hit the jackpot. Peggie Hall is the real deal.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”