• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

6LP Thermostat Opening Temperature

Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

6LP Thermostat Opening Temperature

Post by Tree »

As above really, does anyone know what temperature the stat opens up at?

Pretty sure i have a "lazy" stat which is causing slight smoke on tickover or just above after the engine has run for a while - the smoke is white and gets you in the back of the throat, not unlike unburnt diesel.

To back this up- engine temperature drops to around 65 degrees c when below 1200 rpm.

I am assuming it is a 76 degree C stat and I can purchase direct from Toyota for a third of the price of one from yanmar.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: 6LP Thermostat Opening Temperature

Post by Tree »

For reference - it would appear to be a 70 degree stat (68-72 degrees opening) and typically only sold by Yanmar or Nanni and both at an eye watering £120 each in way of £28 from Toyota! Even the Yamaha variant is different so that doesn't work either!
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”